INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Back up cover art  (Read 1835 times)

proton32176

• Recent member
How to Back up cover art
« on: March 10, 2013, 12:36:40 am »

I have spent a lot of time specifying cover art for a lot of flac files that jriver could not identify. The cover art itself  is in the album folders so it will stay with the music when it is backed up.

The question is how to backup the cover art tags I have specified in jriver.
 Is there a file or folder I can save so if I ever have to reload jriver it will remember the cover art I have specified and its location?

The point is I have jriver loaded on my desktop and laptop. I need a way to transfer the cover art preferences I have made on my desktop to my laptop.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to Back up cover art
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:21:46 am »

Telling MC that the cover art is located in the same folder as the music files is a single setting in Options > File Locations > Cover Art.  You're backing up your music folders, so you're good.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

csimon

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 07:24:42 am »

The point is I have jriver loaded on my desktop and laptop. I need a way to transfer the cover art preferences I have made on my desktop to my laptop.

I think what you're looking for is a library backup, i.e. backup up JRiver's own internal database. JRiver performs backups automatically or you can instigate one manually. You can then copy the backup file to another computer and restore it.  The entire library will be transferred so your laptop library would be an exact clone of the desktop library, so this will only work if the pathnames to your files are the same from both computers.

proton32176

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:29:02 am »

Thanks Guys,

The tip about telling jriver to look for the cover art in the folder where the music files reside solves my problem.

Thanks Again.

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 12:05:47 pm »

Proton32176, I have same problem with CDs and DVDs, after 2 hours getting all the information, found that all the extra data is stored in a file, not within each CD?DVD file so question is: doing what you said will move everything to the CD/DVD folders and that information can be used with a different software?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »

In MC's options, you can control whether cover art is saved in the file's tag.

File Location/Cover Art

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 02:07:20 pm »

Thanks Jimh but when you already have the cover art in different file, following your advice will save it within the correct file or this only apply for new situations? thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

Please try it.

jorsan

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »

Thanks JimH but maybe Im doing something wrong. When I change the option to be saved in same place as the file, and when I go to the file there is no cver art there. would you elaborate little more pelase?
Pages: [1]   Go Up