INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming from JRiver MC18 to Marantz M-CR603  (Read 2833 times)

pompousmax

Streaming from JRiver MC18 to Marantz M-CR603
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:19:12 pm »

Hello all,

Having finally grown tired of the restrictive nature of Itunes I have moved to JRiver MC18. It is an excellent piece of software allowing great flexibility and the convenience of playing most audio files with no issues. I'm using it with a Dragonfly USB DAC and the real advantage here is how the correct sample rate is detected and displayed by the colour LED on the Dragonfly accordingly. Used with the Soundmagic HP100 headphones it's a very rewarding experience! Nice. 8) My problem is this, I can't get the MC18 to stream my audio files to my Marantz M CR603. I've been using Airplay with no problems, but really wish to move away from Itunes to allow me to play FLAC and Studio Masters through the Marantz. I suspect there maybe an issue with the DLNA settings with the options on the JRiver, but I can't ascertain what !?

Is anyone managing to stream any audio files successfully using JRiver to the CR603? If so what setting adjustments do I need to make? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Streaming from JRiver MC18 to Marantz M-CR603
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:45:56 pm »

First of all, have you turned on Media Network and does the Marantz appear in MC's Playing Now zone list?  If not, there's something fumdamentally wrong with the network somewhere.

Secondly, are you pushing audio to the Marantz from MC or or you pulling it using the Marantz remote control and interface?  Can you see the MC server on the Marantz and can you browse and select music that way?

Do any error messages appear, such as "there was a problem controlling this device"?

pompousmax

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:56:55 am »

Media Network is switched on and the Marantz does appear on the playing now zone. I can play audio by using the Marantz remote and browse the library in that cumbersome fashion, but when I try to push audio from the MC to the Marantz I get an error message to the effect
that there is a problem controlling the selected DLNA device. Double check your device, server and network settings. Thanks for your help!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 05:07:13 am »

Some things to try:

1. Set MC's DLNA functionality as follows (can't remember exactly where in the options this is, probably Media Network):

DLNA Server: On
DLNA Controller: On
DLNA Renderer: Off

2. In Configure DLNA Server settings, there are two items DLNA and DLNA Extra. Try playing with different combinations of these two, on and off.

3. Also try turning audio transcoding/conversion on and off.

4. Can you use Windows 7/8 to Play To the Marantz? This will work by DLNA too.

5. Is there any setting on the Marantz that enables network control?

Rest assured, DLNA functionality does work in MC, but getting particular renderers to play ball is sometimes hit and miss!  There's not a great deal of configuration that you can tweak, other than the above, so if it still won't work MC staff might ask you to provide a Wireshark dump of the DLNA traffic to see what error is occurring.

pompousmax

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 02:48:27 pm »

Problem now solved. I re booted the Marantz and router , re initiated the network settings on the CR-603 and viola all is working well now.
MC 18 is true genius compared to I-tunes, so flexible and great to use with the Marantz . Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up