INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make the green button start JRiver not MCE?  (Read 3974 times)

kitenski

Make the green button start JRiver not MCE?
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:22:18 pm »

Hi there,

Just trying out JRiver as a solution to some issues I am having with MCE.

So far seems so good, however I have a HP MCE remote, how can I reconfigure the green button to launch JRiver and not MCE from the desktop?

I've searched here and the WIKI for various keywords but not found an answer.

Many thanks,

Greg

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Make the green button start JRiver not MCE?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

Try these two steps:

1) Configure MC to run Media Server on Windows Startup in Options > Startup
2) Disable Microsoft MCE in Options > Theater View
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

altahomwtheatre

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:33:58 pm »

While the two steps above are important, it does not answer how to get green mc button to work.

I am not an expert (only a trial user), but this is how I got the "green button" to activate MC18.  There may be better ways, but this seems to work for me.  It is actually fairly easy, but as most things in MC18, too difficult to figure out.

To make this work I created a batch file that would "SetFocus" to MC18.  The command in the batch file is:
        mc18 /Mode Theater

Then go into Options > Remote > Commands.
Create a new command ie SetMCFocus
Add a Run statement to run the batch file.

After the command is created, you then learn the "Green Button" to execute the command.
Learning the command was most difficult part, I had to try multiple times to get MC18 to start learning.

I use similar methods to create a computer shutdown command.  When I press power, I want MC18 to close and computer to shutdown - not go into sleep which I think is default.  There is a ton of power with the batch commands.  I also have a separate batch file that automatically loads TMT5 for my 3DBD ISO files and starts 3D playback.

If I can now figure out how to add Ctrl-J as a command my remote would be setup.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 04:21:03 am »

It would be important to know what is the ir receiver you have in your PC. Most manufacturer use an oem solution from soundgraph. This is the best solution for remote management. You could try download the imon software on the soundgraph page. Then in imon you select mce receiver.
If it works you can then tailor made what ever function you like and for instance there is a page in imon where you can easily setup what the green button does.
Also i can only recommend putting a soundgraph oem ir solution into the case. It allows perfect integration with jriver.
The problem of the mce remote without such receiving part is not simple to customize. Another software which helps doing so could be girder but it is by far less user friendly.

Rick_RT

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 06:20:19 am »

I am a very new user to JRiver MC18 having only purchased in December.  I wanted to launch MC18 straight into Theatre View with my WMC remote and use a free program call LM Remote KeyMap that I came accross. I have found that it works well and has allowed me to map various keys on my WMC remote with ease.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 06:40:53 am »

One of the Start options is to start in Theater View.

Rick_RT

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 06:44:35 am »

Thank you Jim and absolutely right.  I do this sometimes and it works perfectly.

My PC is a 'gaming' HTPC and sometimes I am using it for things other than MC.  In those instances it's great to be able to hit the green button my my remote and have MC18 launch dircetly (back) into Theatre View.
Pages: [1]   Go Up