INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New desired feature : Having Movies,TV informations & covers other than English  (Read 9722 times)

Adhara

• World Citizen

Hi,

I encourage all those for whom English is not their native language, to come forward.
For now, we can only get informations in English from IMDb.
I'm sure French, Spanish, German end-users would like to have Descriptions, covers, ... in their native language.

This is possible and I'm pretty sure this is not a big deal (just to priorize this feature).

JRiver dev can learn from what has been done for YAMJ GUI (opensource). They give opportunities to select languages (de,uk,fr,es,..) and where to get informations (tvdb, allocine, themoviedb, imdb,...).

mjb.internet.plugin=com.moviejukebox.plugin.AllocinePlugin
mjb.internet.tv.plugin=com.moviejukebox.plugin.TheTvDBPlugin
imdb.site=fr
imdb.preferredCountry=FRANCE
themoviedb.language=fr-PF
thetvdb.language=fr
poster.scanner.SearchPriority.movie=allocine,moviecovers,imdb,impawards,motechnet,google,yahoo,themoviedb

The more we manifest ourselves to have this feature, the more chance we'll have it.

Regards

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: Having Movies, TV series informations & covers other than English
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:54:08 am »

If I'm not mistaken, MC have stated that IMDB can only be officially supported by free and not commercial SW, so I wouldn't expect to see IMDB support in MC anytime soon.

The thing is that more and more people use MC for video, and it's quite obviously in dire need of a serious improvement in its scraping capabilities. Perhaps the developers are kind enough to research the legal aspects of other scraping sources like AllMovie and FilmAffinity or even Amazon, DVDEmpire etc.

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 05:41:38 am »

I'm sure French, Spanish, German end-users would like to have Descriptions, covers, ... in their native language.

I partially agree. Personally I'm not interested in Danish (my native language) descriptions and covers of American movies, for example, but I sure would prefer to get the original covers for movies in other languages. When you're having a lot of French or Danish movies in your library it's really annoying that the MC scraper is getting the English covers and - even worse - changes the original titles to the English translations. So some kind of flexibility would be very nice...

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:43:48 am »

The thing is that more and more people use MC for video, and it's quite obviously in dire need of a serious improvement in its scraping capabilities.

I agree...

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:13:01 am »

it's really annoying that the MC scraper ... changes the original titles to the English translations.

You can avoid that by UNticking the "Allow Overwrite" field. But this might mean that you'll have to run it twice, if you need to overwrite the cover.

As for the rest, although I'm happy with data in english, I certainly agree that there's room for improvements.

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 07:52:14 am »

You can avoid that by UNticking the "Allow Overwrite" field.

Thanks, but where do you find this "Allow Overwrite" field?

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 09:11:26 am »

When you right click to open the Get Movie & TV Info, but only if you have two or more files selected.

Yoyosh

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 11:21:31 am »

Hi,
I agree with you, it would be great to have descriptions in langage you prefer, and original title..

Hope...

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 02:24:16 pm »

Hi,
I agree with you, it would be great to have descriptions in langage you prefer, and original title..

Hope...

This is exactly what I expect from this feature.
They (MC dev) could use existing and opensource stuff like YAMJ (see my first post above).

Maybe JimH, Matt or someone else from MC could comment this topic  ;)

onix565

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 07:27:25 am »

+1  :D
Merci.

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 10:22:23 am »

Strange, nobody from MC wants to comment this thread...
This will be fine they plan this to a next coming release.

Yoyosh

• Recent member

Hi,
is it possible to have any words from developpers or someone who know what it could be done, in a close futur ?

Thanks, it would be really greatfull...

Yoyosh

• Recent member

Hi,

Is there any news ?

Please

Thanks

Adhara

• World Citizen

Hi,

Is there any news ?

Please

Thanks

This is not a big deal to implement.
Maybe this will be available in MC 19  ;D

Yoyosh

• Recent member

Hi,

Is it available in MC 19 ?

peillon.seb

Hi !!! Je suis tout a fait OK avec toi? Pourquoi uniquement en Anglais aors que ce soft est largement vendu dans différents pays. Il devrait y avoir une intégrer complète permettant de récupérer jaquettes et infos dans les langues désirées ou équivalentes. Ce soft est fort sympa mais il est aussi assez cher...

minekey

• Recent member

Hi,

I'm a french user of MC and I would like to comment this request. Indeed, I think a lot of people who use this software aren't english and some database like TMDb offers several language of the tag's movies, so why not use thoses services to satisfy the non native english people.

Actually I only use MC for music and for my movies I use XMBC, a freeware and open source project, because this software enable to select language of the TMDb, but I preferred use one software. So please add this fonction to MC :)

PierreF66

+1
Merci
Pages: [1]   Go Up