INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Does JRiver Change My Stereos Input Back To DNLA?  (Read 1533 times)

Fezz

Why Does JRiver Change My Stereos Input Back To DNLA?
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:35:31 pm »

Hello, This is my first post in these forums as I couldn't find an answer by searching....
First my Setup: JRiver MC 18 on a Windows PC that also contains my music files. Files streamed across a wired network without conversion via UPNP to a Linn Majik DS-I.
Pretty straight forward and generally works AWESOME. Here's my problem: The Linn stereo (as most stereos) have various inputs, CD, Phono, Aux, ect... UPNP is just another input. When I change the stereo from UPNP to another input WITHOUT pressing stop in JRiver MC, then the stereo will change back to UPNP on its own and continue playing the music. Anyone else experienced this or have a solution? I know I can just press stop before changing inputs, but that kinda defeats the one button activities I`ve setup on my universal remotes.... Thank you in advance for any help given.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why Does JRiver Change My Stereos Input Back To DNLA??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:03:19 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  That's how a UPnP device will usually work.  Unless you stop it, the device keeps asking for and playing files from the playlist it received.

A DLNA controller (software running on an Android or iPhone) can also start and stop playback.

Fezz

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:20:45 pm »

I see. Thanks JimH.

Fezz

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:32:56 pm »

Just thought I`d share my temporary fix for this. I had a Microsoft USB IR receiver laying around so I plugged it into the PC that is running JRiver MC and added the stop command into the end of my `listen to music` activity on my universal remote. Problem with this is that the PC running MC is only in the same room as my other equipment on a temporary basis. When I move it back to the hallway closet I`ll have to figure something else out.... Until then :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up