INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to DLNA; Plays to BluRay player but remote doesn't work on video.  (Read 3417 times)

dreandre

• Junior Woodchuck

New to media networking and DLNA.

I have successfully figured out how to set up and enable my Media network and I have the Generic DLNA enabled.  I haven't changed the default settings except to add my own custom views.  When I watched a movie on my TV, networked through my Blu-Ray player, I am unable to fast forward, rewind, or resume playback.  I did some exploring and found that this was not entirely true for all of my movies. I would like to learn how to enable my remotes to control the movies that I watch on the network.

What I need is a layman's crash course on the relationships between the media server, the media file types, and the remote control tools.  Maybe as the discussion get's underway, I will be able to ask more direct questions.  Thanks!`

I have a basic home network setup.  The devices are:
Home Tower PC
D-Link DIR 826L Router
Samsung TV with remote model AK59-00145A
Samsung Blu-Ray player with remote model BN59-01006A
X-Box 360
Logitech Harmony 300 Universal Remote.

Currently, all devices are connected via wire.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

dreandre

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks!  These are the pages are the basics and have gotten me this far.  I don't see on these pages the information that I'm looking for.

Where does it explain or describe how to have the video you are watching fast fast forward, rewind or pause when you are watching it over the Generic DLNA network?  Why does some remote features work on some files but not on other files?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

If the files are being converted, they may not seek/pause. This is determined by the renderers capabilities.
The best renderers do time based seeking and so can seek/pause/resume regardless of whether the file is being converted or not.
If you think your renderer can play all of the formats in your media library without conversion, you could set the video format setting to "original format" in
Options->Media Network->Add or Configure DLNA server->Generic DLNA->video
Pages: [1]   Go Up