INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on re importing files  (Read 708 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Question on re importing files
« on: March 02, 2013, 08:15:49 am »

So I have to reformat my WD Harddrive to get the back up program to work properly and need to move my music files off that drive and onto mt PC drive. Using the "reamse" feature in MC18, I have gone Genre by genre and moved the files. However, at some point in the transferr process my machine hiccuped and there are many files that show as being located on my C, but are in actuality still on the WD drive. I tried re naming again with no luck. I physically moved the files from the WD drive to the correct folder on the PC HD but have had no luck associating the Libray to the music.

My question in all this is.... If I re import these files, will MC18 create a duplicate file in the Library? 

If so, I am stuck having to de dupe all these reimported files which I am not keen on.

If I delete the Library file on all these songs, and the reimport, I avoid duplication?

But now I have to take all these files and rebuild all the playlists and tags, NO?

Is there a way I am not considering which allows me not to choose the lesser of 2 evils listed above?
Pages: [1]   Go Up