INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Streaming To Oppo BDP 105  (Read 7726 times)

btully

• Recent member
Need Help Streaming To Oppo BDP 105
« on: March 02, 2013, 12:26:20 pm »

I resolved my issue by learning that the Oppo BDP 105 will not accept streaming mp4 format (Apple Lossless), just FLAC and WAV. So I have a lot of files to convert, and I see that JRiver will do this - but before I do that, I thought I would ask - is there a way that JRiver can stream an mp4 as though it were a WAV - convert it on the fly so to speak (without rewriting a file to disk)? Also is the conversion at all destructive - should I retain my original mp4 files for the future?

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________

I need some help with streaming wirelessly from JRiver 18 to my new Oppo BDP 105.

I had it all working fine earlier today - I could both push and pull (and at 24/192 I think). Then I updated the firmware on the Oppo, put it through a factory reset as the update requested and tried to use JRemote on an iPad as one ring to control it all and I have had nothing but trouble since.

The most annoying and perhaps emblematic thing is that, from both ends (JRiver and Oppo screens) what happens when I try to start playback is that the display just scrolls down the list of album tracks, pausing for a few seconds on each one before going to the next, but nothing at all plays. Indeed, this scrolling seems to cross from album to album, at least sometimes. I had this problem yesterday as well but got past it somehow - but it is back.

Seems like some problem with the indexing perhaps, but JRiver does play my library fine on the local computer. Probably just one setting is off, but which one? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need Help Streaming To Oppo BDP 105
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:41:23 am »

Look in Options | Media Network | Add or configure DLNA servers... 

Set the Audio conversion as necessary.  Then set Options | File Location | Conversion Cache | Audio to "None" and it will be on-the-fly conversion (no files will be written permanently to disk).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up