INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure of media tree to show device-created playlists  (Read 1364 times)

chrisjj

• Citizen of the Universe
Failure of media tree to show device-created playlists
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:11:30 am »

1 On a Creative ZEN, on Now Playing use the device's Save As Playlist command to save a playlist called "a". On the devices Playlists, verify the playlist exists.
2 Plug the device into the computer. In Windows Explorer, view device My Playlists and verify the playlist exists.
3 In MJ media tree Drives & Devices, look for playlist "a". (Requires a click on the rightward arrowhead to the left of the ZEN. This arrowhead might not show until the rightward arrowhead to the right of Drives & Devices is toggled a few times.)

Expected: playlist "a" (marked strong green in screenshot) present.
Observed: playlist "a" missing (at red in screenshot):

Also missing are other recently device-created playlists (marked weak green) e.g. "," but present are some other device-created playlists (created by exactly the same method) e.g. "~ED+ Lagrimas", and present are all MJ-created playlists e.g. "~Curtains".

Note: In Windows Explorer, the missing playlists have no extension. In Windows Explorer, I then renamed "a" to "a.pla". The name change did not appear in the Windows Explorer display and the name did not appear in the MJ display. (The name change did appear in the device display, whereas ".pla" does not normally show there). I unplugged and replugged the device. The name still did not appear in the MJ display.

I don't know any other difference between the types of playlist that might cause this.

This appears on Media Center 14 on Win 7 Pro 64-bit and Win XP. Also on Media Jukebox 16 on Win XP.

If anyone know a workaround, please say. I would really like to get a return to device-created playlists readable on MC. Thanks.

chrisjj

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Failure of media tree to show device-created playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:35:47 pm »

If anyone know a workaround, please say. I would really like to get a return to device-created playlists readable on MC. Thanks.

Er, me! :) The same test on a second unit does not show this issue:

Same firmware (1.21.01e).

Baffled.
Pages: [1]   Go Up