INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit ratings in theater view ?  (Read 1422 times)

LedZep

• Recent member
Edit ratings in theater view ?
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:42:03 am »

Dear MC-18 users,

is there a way to edit the song ratings in theater view ?

Tought I would find some information in the forum, but I did't come up with anything.
I stick wih MC for 10 or more years, but haven't looked into theater view until recently.
Now that I have my slick Windows-8 touch tablet-PC, I find myself more and more often stting on the sofa controlling my server via the tablet using a synchronized version of my main library. It's much more fun than controlling MC remotely the other ways I've tried (Gizmo, etc.).
It's very nice to have everything at hand, just like sitting in front of your PC.
But of course theater view is a more comfortable way to use it on a small touch screen.

What I'm missing is the option to edit song ratings in the "playing now" window, as well as in the list view
Is it a (missing) feature, or is it stupid me ?
I'm pretty sure I have seen something like this some time ago, but it might be a couple of versions ago (or it was not the theater view at all).
Maybe it' just missing temporaryly in MC18, like the skin manager ?

If it's a missing feature, I would really like to have it integrated in theater view - along with the possibility to edit other tags shown in the theater view as well.
Alternately it would be nice to have switch button to toggle between theater view and standard view. I know there are shortkeys, but they are no real option on a touch device. The virtual keyboard would have to be on screen all the time...
By the way is there a possibility to have the windows task bar on top of the theater view ?

Guess theater view is becoming more important, while complete windows touch devices start spreading around.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
LedZep

rayooo

• World Citizen
Re: Edit ratings in theater view ?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 07:03:58 am »

I regularly use the standard remote control in theater view to change ratings.  (very bottom of the "playing now" window)
This can also be done with a keyboard (Down arrow to bottom, then right or left arrows to increase decrease rating)

Always Win7 in my case, so I'm not sure how it might work with WIn8 / Touchpad...although I'd assume simply taping the rating area then selecting proper rating would be the way it should work.

Unless I totally miss-interpreted your question.. in which case the above may be useless.   :)
MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

LedZep

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 02:03:50 pm »

No, you got it right.

It just simply doesn't work for me.
When I go to the bottom, I can highlight the rating area, but it doesn't let me change anything - not with keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen.

I'm pretty sure that I have seen it working before, but can't really remember how long ago

Are you on MC18 ?

rayooo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:37:17 am »

No, you got it right.

It just simply doesn't work for me.
When I go to the bottom, I can highlight the rating area, but it doesn't let me change anything - not with keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen.

I'm pretty sure that I have seen it working before, but can't really remember how long ago

Are you on MC18 ?

Yup.  The machine I regularly use that function on is currently at 18.0.136,  I've been through several versions of 18, no problems.
I've seen another thread where specific remote functions are not working properly, but I think it's just when playing videos.
I'm using MC for Audio only, virtually all features are turned off.  Very weird!
MC-27-28> Meitner MA 1V2> CJ-GatV2> CJ ART 300s> Magnepan 20.7

LedZep

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 10:45:14 am »

Just checked it again.
Mouse and "touch" don't work - but the arrow keys on my keyboard work (again ?)
Just made the upgrade to 18.0.143

So, the edit feature is there, but not very usable for me, at least not as I would like to.

Maybe there is hope for a mouse / touch control for the ratings field ?
It's strange because all buttons arond in theater view can be controlled that way.

Anyway, a toggle button to switch between standard and theater would also be very welcome.

Don't think it has to do with video and audio mode.
I'm also an "almost only audio" guy.
Just recently I added all family fotos to the library - and discover the options for keeping track of all pictures, organizing and watching from the couch ...

LedZep

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »

A note on the "toggle feature":

there is a "toggle theater view" button which can be integrated in the toolbar of the standard view (which I did),
but there is no way back, despite hacking back through the "Exit" menu , but its some clicking to do for every song.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 01:55:38 pm »

F11

LedZep

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 05:52:52 pm »

if I could only find it on a touchscreen ...

to have the virtual keyboard on screen all the time is not a desirable option,
having no visible taskbar, even less though ...

having an option to customize the "playing now" screen and add the "F11" button or whatever you might name the button would be what I need.

Keeping in mind, that we alraedy have the rating stars visible, the easiest way would be to make them "touchable", not just by the arrow keys on the keyboard.

So, to set  it right:
The possibility to edit the ratings directly in thater view would be number 1 on my wishlist.
The option to toggle between theater view and standard view in a "one touch" fashion would be a workaround for my task, but anyway desirable for various other reasons, when you want to go back quickly.

I'm not a hardcore tech guy, just a user, but cannot imagine that this would be hard to implement.
I'm not even sure if it should already be possible by now, just temporarily disabled in MC18's development.

Any comment from the development guys would be welcome - and could make me shut up ;-)

LedZep

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:20:30 am »

Oh Jim,

didn't recogize it was you answering yesterday.
Then asking for "a comment from the development guys" was a brillant question in my last post ;-)

So, when you suggest the "F11 button", I suppose there is no other feature around yet.
Would it be possible / have you planned to integrate what I asked ?

I'm a long term customer so far and didn't ask for much, yet  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up