INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTV Metadata; Library Automation  (Read 3472 times)

pmcgarr

• Recent member
WTV Metadata; Library Automation
« on: March 04, 2013, 07:51:41 am »

Hi,

I am trialing MC 18 and have a few questions.

I will be using Windows Media Center to record TV as I use a HD Homerun Prime tuner with a cable card.  Is it possible for MC to get metadata from the WTV files so they will show up in my library alongside other episodic content?

I set up my auto import library folders and everything went well until I accidentally added a folder that I didn’t want in my library.  It appears that the folders are “watched” for new content and that items are added to the library when files are added to these “watched” folders.  When I remove a watched folder should I expect library entries to disappear too?  I would expect that, but It doesn’t seem to be working that way.  Similarly, I would expect that if a file was removed from a watched folder, the corresponding library item would be removed.

Thanks,

Paul McGarr

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: WTV Metadata; Library Automation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 05:51:19 pm »

Unfortunately, MC can't automatically get the metadata from WTV files.  Someone could write an external tool to do this after import but it would have to be run manually.

Files are only removed when you manually delete them from the library.  If they are deleted outside MC they should display a "missing" indicator.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

pmcgarr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 06:21:56 pm »

Thanks Craig.

I can use MCE Buddy then to rename the files in a manner that can be automatically scraped.  That will work right?  For example MCE Buddy will deposit a file in a watched folder with a name like "Series Name - S01E05 - Episode Title.WTV".  Seem reasonable?

I can learn to delete files using MC.  Seems that doing so will leave behind containing folders, art, NFO files, etc.  Seems messy, but I am too new to judge so I will reserve judgement until I am more sure of what I am saying.

Any plans that you know of to better support WTV and/or automatically detect files removed from outside the library?

Thanks.  By the way, I am coming from XBMC.  It's amazing how much better or more efficiently video is handled in MC.  Looking forward to purchasing MC.

Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 06:29:28 pm »

Welcome to the forum. 

We have a TV board here, where you could ask Yaobing, our developer.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=11.0

This wiki topic on Carnac might help explain what MC can do with file names.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Carnac

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 07:39:47 pm »

Paul,

If you rename the files as you specified with the correct season and episode numbers MC should be able to download all the metadata for the recordings.  MC will create jpg and sidecar.xml files in the same directory as the WTV file and will also delete these 2 files if you delete the WTV file from the library (and disk) from within MC (but will not delete any external files that may have been generated by an external program).  I don't think there are any plans to improve WTV handling.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

mark_anderson_us

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:07:28 pm »

I can use MCE Buddy then to rename the files in a manner that can be automatically scraped.  That will work right?  For example MCE Buddy will deposit a file in a watched folder with a name like "Series Name - S01E05 - Episode Title.WTV".  Seem reasonable?

I can learn to delete files using MC.  Seems that doing so will leave behind containing folders, art, NFO files, etc.  Seems messy, but I am too new to judge so I will reserve judgement until I am more sure of what I am saying.

Any plans that you know of to better support WTV and/or automatically detect files removed from outside the library?

Thanks.  By the way, I am coming from XBMC.  It's amazing how much better or more efficiently video is handled in MC.  Looking forward to purchasing MC.

I'm in same boat. Did you ever resolve this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up