INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDCD on Mac  (Read 19969 times)

pkoss

• Recent member
HDCD on Mac
« on: March 04, 2013, 02:37:10 pm »

Does (or will) JRiver have the capability to decode and rip HDCD's to 24 bit lossless files?  If, so, and if that capability should be active in 142, what should I look for to confirm its execution?

Thanks! 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: HDCD on Mac
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 03:56:19 pm »

JRiver does not have a HDCD decoder.

I talk about the technical details a little bit more here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69105.msg486109#msg486109

It's a large project to backwards engineer a format, so likely won't happen unless some public domain decoder becomes available.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pkoss

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:10:24 pm »

Matt, thanks for the reply.  Loving MC on the Mac so far.

PhilD

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:57:05 am »

::)I rip HDCD's to AIFF format on my Windows 7 computer using dbpoweramp CD ripper and then copy them to a FAT 32 jump drive and load them on my MAC mini. I edit the tag by adding [HDCD] at the end of the Album name to keep it separate from a standard rip.

omasciarotte

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 05:19:40 pm »

JRiver does not have a HDCD decoder…

It's a large project to backwards engineer a format, so likely won't happen unless some public domain decoder becomes available.

Hi Matt,

Since I assume JRiver is a Windows Media licensee, you already have access to the HDCD decoding libraries. At least that’s the case when last I checked which was a while ago. So, there should be no reason to reverse engineer the encoding.

Also, I looked in my file collection and found the following snippet on HDCD decoding in MC. What happened to “HDCD DSP” mentioned in this snippet?

“…you have to install the HDCD DSP and add it to the DSP tab in the main program. Once you get it setup it will recognize an HDCD disc and decode it to a 24 bit file of our choice. Also you might look at other DSP options that you can add as there are many great tools that need to be installed before they can be used. Select DSP tab->Select "Add DSP" a list of options will appear pick "HDCD" option . It will than be added to the list of DSP that are used when ripping a CD.”

OMas
Pages: [1]   Go Up