INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video to mp3  (Read 1737 times)

grshakes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Video to mp3
« on: September 15, 2003, 05:21:10 pm »

Before I trawl through hours of help files etc. can anyone help me find the easy way out and just tell me how easy it is to convert a video to mp3 that I can play on MJ?
I have a song track on a vhs video I would like to convert to mp3 to play on my pc.
I need the music track only (not the picture) for a five minute cabaret spot that I will never use again and really don't want the hassle of hours and hours of learning to something I will probably never need to do again! I know it's really lazy of me but any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.
I have MJ 8 Plus, but assume I will need leads/plug ins etc. to enable me to do this?
Thanks a million to anyone who can help.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: Video to mp3
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 12:34:23 am »

what your asking is " How do I Steal Copyrighted Songs"

you may not have thought you asked that but you did.

how ever this is not just an  Mjb feature and it is known how to do very easlie by   most  because fair use does allow you to make a copy for your self.

so i will tell you.

you will need to play the video on the tv and have the  tv sound hooked up through a vcr.  but since it is on a vhs tape you already have that.  just run the patch cord from the  vcr to the home stereo aux  rca jacks.  then  record the sound on to a  cassette tape.  when doing  that make sure you use the equlizer on the stereo to adjust the sound to the best you can get.

now take that  same  cassette tape and play it in a boom box  a good one not a little pocket tape player.  the  bigger ones have more features some have better sound  chips in also.

now the head phone jack on the  boom box is used with a patch cord to take it to the line in jack on the computer's sound card.  ( if you dont  have a line in jack then you are in a not able to do situation)  

once you have the line in jack connected you then play the tape in the boom box  you need to keep the sound level on the   boom  box  to a fairly low volume.  and now you should  hear sound through the computer speakers.  if  not you  need to right  click on the speaker icon and open the mixers  then  on the options for the mixers chose recording  and then on the list make sure you have the line in  mixer selected to show.  

make sure it is selected to be the one used for  recording.

now if you hear  the tape good.
if not there  is something wrong in your  computer.

but  once you get the mixer for the line  to be used.  open the mjb  and then on the menu for it you find the record option   click   record  its panel will show up.

now  you can add in the  name of the tracks you want. and adjust the options for the recorder.   make sure you use the line in for recording, and adjust the volume for the mjb and  pick the format you want it  to save in.  and your ready.

enjoy

roving cowboy
roving cowboy / keith hall

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 01:41:54 am »

Just run a line from the audio outs on the vcr or the receiver (if you have the vcr audio patched thru your receiver) into the line-in on your sound card. You should be able to use the recorder in MJ to record from your soundcards line-in.

Rob

grshakes

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 06:25:29 am »

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I will give it a go. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up