INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing with "hand holding"  (Read 693 times)

PatrickC

• Recent member
Importing with "hand holding"
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:25:06 pm »

I want to get a fresh start with importing. I would like to hear someone else's procedure (step by step) for importing. An example would be an album download from HD Tracks to either my computer's E drive or Vortexbox NAS with proper tagging. I don't want to discuss my botched attempt with Boz Scaggs' Memphis.
Patrick
Assassin HTPC, Onkyo TX-NR929, Oppo BDP-83, Vortex Appliance NAS, Logitech SB Touch, GoldenEar Triton 7, GoldenEar SCX, 4 NHT Super Ones(Height & Surr.), Sunfire True Sub, WDTV Live Streaming, plus incomplete WHA.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Importing with "hand holding"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:04:49 pm »

You might be over-thinking this, as changes to file properties or file locations are not difficult.  You'll get the hang of it.

Me: I place my files in a folder and MC's auto-import picks them up.  Or files are ripped from a CD and they are located correctly upon rip.

Since you're asking about about E: vs. UNC paths, that depends on how you want to use your files.  Standard advice is to place the files such that multiple MC's (e.g. server and clients) see the same file paths.  This can be done via drive mapping or via UNC paths.

Perhaps you'll get better advice by helping us understand what you're trying to accomplish, and what issues you had.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up