INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression possibility ...  (Read 836 times)

apostos

• World Citizen
Expression possibility ...
« on: March 09, 2013, 02:34:16 pm »

I believe some form of this functionality has been asked for but not yet implemented in MC.

When browsing the movie library in Theater View it’s not uncommon for someone to ask ‘What’s that one about?’ Instead of trying to explain to my guest(s) as to what a particular movie is about, I direct them to the description or (more likely) play the trailer and allow them to decide for themselves as to whether they’d care to pursue a viewing.

All my trailers are ripped and available locally and I have a view showing them, but I’m wondering if what I’d like to do instead is possible.

What I’d like to do is have the trailer available as a menu item that I could activate in MC’s Movies - Large View thus saving me those extra clicks. Is there any way to accomplish this using MC’s expression language?

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Expression possibility ...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 04:54:11 pm »

I know nothing about Theater View, but in Standard View, you just right-click on a playing item, and navigate to "Links" which currently has Wikipedia, Amazon, AMG and Google among others, but if you go to "Manage Links", you can setup the syntax for any web site (a very recent thread did this for a Lyrics site and other threads talk about the syntax somewhat).

So, the only question is how you go to "Links" in Theater View, and it may simply be right-click...

... I see now that you mentioned that your Trailers are "ripped locally" (instead of using a Movie Trailer site), so wouldn't the trailer be right there with the movie, so your list of movies would have:

Gone with the Wind
Gone with the Wind (trailer)
Wizard of Oz
Wizard of Oz (trailer)

??

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:54:54 am »

I only use MC in Theater View (with the obvious exception of data entry). Navigation is by remote only.

I'm just looking for an easier way to navigate the interface by minimizing view changes and remote clicks. I lack the expertise to know if what I seek is possible or not.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 01:11:26 pm »

Maybe modify your view so that the movie and its trailers are shown in the same category.

The expression language won't modify the basic layout of a view - it can only help guide how metadata (and other information) is shown, and be used in Search queries to select which items are selected for presentation.

If there were Linkable fields in a theater view file info view, you could then click those links to go to, for example, Related Items.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up