INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will MJ act as CD cataloger?  (Read 1091 times)

sharkman

Will MJ act as CD cataloger?
« on: April 04, 2002, 08:31:50 am »

Program looks great, but I'm also highly interested in cataloging (through CDDB) all of my cds, without actually ripping them. Any suggestions here?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Will MJ act as CD cataloger?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2002, 08:42:20 am »

Media Jukebox 8 does this, and a bunch of other cool stuff.

It may be worth a look.  Dig for a thread here called "Media Jukebox 8.0.xxx Available"

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sharkman

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2002, 05:21:12 am »

Thanks Matt. Little confused though- if you are only cataloging, and the file does not exist on the hard drive,
then it only shows up under Media Library > CD & DVD? The other categories (Album, Artist/Album, etc.) are just
queries of the database, so why won't the CD info show up here?
The category that would seperate CDs from your hard drive would be Location, and maybe the program could be able
to recognize if a location has a hex number in it, it would be displayed under Media Library > File Location as
"Remote CD" or just "CD" or something. Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2002, 05:46:32 am »

There are different "locations" in the database. (main, CD & DVD, temp)

You can make a Media Library view scheme show whatever locations you like.  By default, most of the views only show "main" for simplicity.  But you can always change your Media Library or import your CD & DVD tracks to the main DB.

Take care.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sharkman

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2002, 06:34:47 am »

Again Matt, thanks. Looks like there may be a version change that has caused there to be typo in the help file.
Help > Add a View Scheme > #5 states:In the "Show Files" field--- where is this field?
I understand how to do it with the Search Criteria field, but I do like the idea of seperating them into 2.

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2002, 07:28:47 am »

Think this issue (incorporating the CD/DVD db with the main library) was raised earlier, and the response was that it would be considered for a later build. But I'm doing this from memory, and right now I'm working with about 32 MB.(What did I have for dinner last night?....Wait a minute....Did I have dinner last night?....)

HTH

sharkman

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2002, 07:55:48 am »

Actually, the different databases is an excellent idea and I would be strongly disappointed if it went away from that.
I was just saying that in the help file, a "Show Files" field is referenced, that does not exist, maybe was from earlier
version or is for new version? This would appear to be the equivalent of the "~d=" qualifier.

My suggestion is that instead of a "Show Files" field or the "~d=" qualifier, there be a more user friendly, "Show Files"
or "Databases" section that has a checkbox next to each database name, allowing the user to place a check next to the
database(s) they would like to include in the view scheme.
Pages: [1]   Go Up