INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Server hang up on restart of DLNA renderer  (Read 1977 times)

blinky_bill

• Recent member
DLNA Server hang up on restart of DLNA renderer
« on: March 10, 2013, 11:26:49 am »

I'm using MC18 (18.0.146) as a central DLNA music server build on a small WIN7 system. The library keeps mainly mp3's (320kbps) some flac and m4a files. For play back I use several network clients around my house (Denon AVR 3313, Asus netbook, Roku Soundbridge, ...) connected over WLAN.

Last week I integrated a Raspberry PI, a small Linux box running Debian Wheezy and Gmediarender (gmrender-ressurec). This configuration provides a UPnP/DLNA renderer and has a USB DAC headphone Amp (Audio-GD Fun) connected. For those are interested, details on the setup can be found here:

http://blog.scphillips.com/2013/01/using-a-raspberry-pi-with-android-phones-for-media-streaming/

Sound ist perfect and every device can be easy controlled with JRemote. Now the problem!

If I shutdown/boot the Raspberry or just stop/start the client-sw gmediarenderer MC hangs up  ?.  This behaviour does not occur if I restart one of the other clients. After I've stopped gmediarenderer the device disappear in the list of available renderer in MC18 on the server and there is no further impact on the server functionality. But after gmediarender is started on the Raspberry client, the list of renderers on the server is updated but it's no longer possible to select the device for play back (neither from JRemote nor direct on the server) or to select other functions on the server side. I Have to close and restart MC server to come to normal operation.

It seems to me that MC does not clean up some internal buffer or something in this direction. Any idea to find a workaround or to fix the problem?
Blinky
There is always a solution!
Server: ReadyNAS Duo & Twonky 6.0.34; HTPC W7 & MC 18
Renderer: EeePC & NuForce uDAC2; audio-gd FUN; SoundBridge M1001; Raspberr PI/Gmediarenderer,Denon AVR 3313

AnteBios

• Recent member
Re: DLNA Server hang up on restart of DLNA renderer
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 02:35:27 pm »

Similar issue here.
Using MC 18.0.178 (noticed on previous builds as well), and a Cambridge Audio NP30 renderer. If I switch off the Cambridge audio while playing, MC will hang for about 2 minutes: during that time, the mouse cursor changes into "waiting" state, and there's no message or nothing the user can do. Patience is a virtue but it would be nice if MC would pop up some message  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up