INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining Files  (Read 884 times)

good sound

• Recent member
Combining Files
« on: March 11, 2013, 07:19:31 am »

I am new to JRiver media center and would like to ask a question that I am sure has been answered before.

I recently downloaded a free sampler from HD Tracks. Each of the songs in the sampler appear as separate files in Media Center. How do I go about combining all of these single song files into one file?

Thanks for your time and patience. I'm sure it's not difficult, I just can't figure out how to do it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Combining Files
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 10:48:58 am »

Welcome.

If you set the Album to 'HDtracks Sampler' for all the files and keep the files in the same folder on disk, it should show up as (Multiple Artists)\HDtracks Sampler when browsing by Artist\Album.

Does that work?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

good sound

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 07:37:43 am »

Thanks for the reply Matt. I'm a little embarassed to admit the I don't know how to re-name an album file either, if that's what you are suggesting? Sucks being a noob. :-[

Oh ya when I right click on an album in the pane the re-name option is greyed out and cannot be clicked on.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 12:38:30 pm »

Select all the tracks for the album in the File  List at the bottom of the album thumbnails (if you don't see the file list, select any album image at the top and press Enter, or click the File link that appears when you hoover a selected Album).

Press Alt-Enter to open the Tag Action Window.  Click-to-edit Album in the TAW.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up