INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to select library by composers  (Read 2467 times)

Audiogalore

• Recent member
how to select library by composers
« on: March 11, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »

I am new to jrivers and would like know if there is a option to select by composer from given library. Example if I choose to listen just to Mozart as a event session.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: how to select library by composers
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:52:47 pm »

Howdy,

Here are a couple of quick ways:

1. Type in the Search box (upper right): Mozart

2. If (1) provides too many undesired items, type in the Search box a query. Example: [Composer]=Mozart

3. If you are going to routinely want to view by Composers, create or modify a view that includes Composer as a category or pane.  For example, modify a copy of the Artists view. Right-click the Artists view in the tree (on the left) under Audio and select Customize View.  Remove the Album Artist (auto) entry, and then click Add and select Composer.  Move Composer to the top of the categories list.  Click OK and save a copy of the view naming it Composers.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Audiogalore

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:19:02 pm »

1. Type in the Search box (upper right): Mozart

2. If (1) provides too many undesired items, type in the Search box a query. Example: [Composer]=Mozart

3. If you are going to routinely want to view by Composers, create or modify a view that includes Composer as a category or pane.  For example, modify a copy of the Artists view. Right-click the Artists view in the tree (on the left) under Audio and select Customize View.  Remove the Album Artist (auto) entry, and then click Add and select Composer.  Move Composer to the top of the categories list.  Click OK and save a copy of the view naming it Composers.
Thank you so much for your reply I will give it try! :)

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:22:26 pm »

MrC gave you good advice.  Here is an example of a view I use for classical music

I can scroll through the list of composers and pick one ("Mozart" for example.)  The Work Name column will then show a list of works by Mozart in my collection. I can pick a work and then an artist (I put the performers in the artist tag.)  Since some composers have written many works, I can use the Sub_genre tag to narrow down the work name list (to just piano concerti for example.)

You can define custome tags as I did and views that use them.  Lots of possibilities to make JRiver work just the way you want it to for classical music.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up