INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262837 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2013, 01:43:52 pm »

Hi! New user here.

I just got MC 18 for Mac and JRemote a few days ago. I got everything working smoothly with a server
and client machine on my home network. JRemote will connect to my machines and control or stream
back to my Iphone4 while i'm within my home network, but when i leave my house and try to use,
i can't connect to the server. I have my ip address in the global settings with port :52199
Your router probably isn't forwarding the packets.  Or a firewall is blocking.  See the wiki topic called "Network Access".

vagskal

« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2013, 01:46:09 pm »

Hmm. I just rotated the iPad 90% (from portrait to landscape) and now there is a button in the upper right corner.

I can see what you mean now. It looks like a clear UI bug: Either metadata should not be shown in portrait mode (since it lacks a playlist and does not update with track changes) or there should be a top right metadata toggle button in portrait mode as well.

Good catch.

edtyre

• Recent member
« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »

Your router probably isn't forwarding the packets.  Or a firewall is blocking.  See the wiki topic called "Network Access".

Thanks, got it working. Had the wrong ip address of the local computer.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2013, 05:01:00 pm »

I long-hold an item to clear the playlist and again to add the selected items to the playlist.  However, I'm finding this adds my entire collection to the playlist, so it seems there's a bug here.  It also seems I can't clear the Now Playing playlist.

Anyone else?

My mistake.  All is fine.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vagskal

« Reply #304 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:33 pm »

I long-hold an item to clear the playlist and again to add the selected items to the playlist.  However, I'm finding this adds my entire collection to the playlist, so it seems there's a bug here.  It also seems I can't clear the Now Playing playlist.

Anyone else?

MC is not running right now so I cannot test, but it worked for me earlier today, or at least yesterday.

Did you try a restart of MC including Media Server, or a reboot? Perhaps you have a later MC build than I.

MrC

« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2013, 06:46:35 pm »

Ah, silly me.  I had a view called Playing Now under Audio.  I kept looking at this item, which was a Search List.  Duh.

Everything works fine.  Thanks, and sorry for the noise.

vagskal

« Reply #306 on: July 19, 2013, 02:50:57 pm »

Ah, silly me.  I had a view called Playing Now under Audio.  I kept looking at this item, which was a Search List.  Duh.

Everything works fine.  Thanks, and sorry for the noise.

No worries. It is just good to see that you are human after all ;). You deserve some chickens from JRiver, dead or alive (not you, of course, the poultry), for the patience and good mood you display on the forums and the dedicated and thorough support you give so generously. You certainly give added value to the excellent but complicated MC product. Thanks! I sure have benefited from it.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2013, 07:22:39 pm »

Two more things I noticed while playing back Masterpiece Mystery:
1) The episode is 91 minutes but the time remaining in the lower right corner seems to think the show is 31 minutes. The elapsed time is 4 and the time remaining is 27.
2) The audio format is 48/16 stereo (from metadata) but is displayed as 0 channels, 0Hz when I select "now playing" on the iPad display.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: Re: Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:30 pm »

No worries. It is just good to see that you are human after all ;). You deserve some chickens from JRiver, dead or alive (not you, of course, the poultry), for the patience and good mood you display on the forums and the dedicated and thorough support you give so generously. You certainly give added value to the excellent but complicated MC product. Thanks! I sure have benefited from it.

+1

The Legend

• Recent member
« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2013, 11:06:16 am »

Hello to everybody,

I'm new here, I like your software but I have a problem: I cannot control the volume with JRemote.

The server is an AssetNAS with JRiver MC18 and my player is a Linn Akurate Ds and it is cabled to the Majik Dsi.

I can browse my collection and play the tracks, but I cannot manage the volume of the Majik.

The volume on the JRemote is set to 80 (I don't know why) but when I volume up or down the bar, the volume don't change and after 3 seconds it will come back to 80.

Please help help me  :P

The Legend

• Recent member
« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2013, 04:06:35 am »

Hello to everybody ... Sorry I found the way it works now I can listen .... Goodbyeeee

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2013, 08:44:44 am »

I just wanted to mention that I, personally, have no issue with going iOS7-only.

However, I think MrC made the best suggestion.  The issue is that I agree with some other users here.  JRemote is a good use for older devices that don't have the oomph to run modern stuff, but which still otherwise function perfectly.  Throw it on the living room coffee table, with JRemote and a few other remote control apps, and it could be a perfectly functional remote, even though it doesn't have the newest hotness.  I don't happen to have any of those devices, but if I did, that'd be exactly what I was thinking about doing with them.

And, as he mentioned, I'm happy to pay for an upgrade.  I use JRemote probably second only to my podcasting client, and it'd certainly be worth throwing a few more bucks your way.  I also think the massive changes with iOS 7 are a unique opportunity to do this with less screaming from the bleachers (some people will, of course, scream about the "paid upgrade", but fewer of them will, because it will be somewhat "understandable").

Fork the code.  Keep the current version in the App Store, clearly marked as the "old version" for backwards compatiblity, and release JRemote 2 for iOS7.  You'll get some screams from people who are angry that they have to pay again, and a few more from new people who accidentally got the wrong version (maybe lower the price of the original one since it won't be developed much anymore), but you'll get "upgrade revenue" from people like me, so I think that'll soften the blow a bit.  And, most importantly, you won't have to kludge it with two nearly completely independent UIs internally.

If you're ever going to do it, now is the time.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pcstockton

« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2013, 11:46:55 am »

I am more than happy to pay for an upgrade.  Good points (as always) Glynor.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

sunfire7

« Reply #313 on: July 21, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »

I Will Pay for the ios7 only versión as well :)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #314 on: July 21, 2013, 07:29:53 pm »

Hello to everybody ... Sorry I found the way it works now I can listen .... Goodbyeeee

I am glad you got it working. How about sharing the details with the rest of the newbies?

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

The Legend

• Recent member
« Reply #315 on: July 22, 2013, 11:47:44 am »

I am glad you got it working. How about sharing the details with the rest of the newbies?

Good idea, it's very easy, I just change the rooms name for the 2 machine (Akurate and Majik) that before had the same name in order to use volume on Kinsky app.
That's it.

duskdrums

• Recent member
« Reply #316 on: July 22, 2013, 01:38:00 pm »

Les Paul, Just wanted to check in about a requested feature, particularly as you think about the end of features for an iOS 5 version (as with many others I'm using an ipad 1 as my living room remote, and so can't even get to iOS 6).

Including a keyboard in the Theater View remote would be great for the times when we need to search the library (or even more so, streaming services such as Netflix).

Totally understand if this isn't possible or a priority and so we shouldn't expect it for non-ios7 (or any) devices, but wanted to check in to get your thoughts. Thanks!

csimon

« Reply #317 on: July 23, 2013, 04:43:51 am »

PS. on the iOS7 debate...

On the JRemote.net site, it declares as one of the major selling points:

JRemote is a universal iOS application. This means you can install it on all of your iOS devices, no need to buy a separate iPad edition...

This won't be true if it goes iOS7+ only, or even a forked app, will it? Just saying!

pcstockton

« Reply #318 on: July 23, 2013, 10:53:50 am »

PS. on the iOS7 debate...

On the JRemote.net site, it declares as one of the major selling points:

This won't be true if it goes iOS7+ only, or even a forked app, will it? Just saying!

Well nothing has happened yet.  And he will only need to add the number "7" just before "devices".  An easy change if he does anything.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re:
« Reply #319 on: July 24, 2013, 04:23:44 pm »

Glynor you nailed it. (As did MrC before) I will be that person that has the old legacy device BUT I also have a newer device and so WILL buy the forked ios7 version too.
As you say there will always be those people that aren't happy, but right now with all the current  functionality they are getting a bargain anyway...having said that, it looks like some of them seem to be coming round now too... :)

MrC

« Reply #320 on: July 25, 2013, 01:36:45 pm »

It seems when the "no sound", BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN error occurs, the tracks position is no longer maintained.

I'm seeing this error more frequently, and it is not due to a spun down disk as I spectulated earlier.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2013, 06:21:38 pm »

Some of the album artwork is scrambled in album view. All the titles listed under "#" have the wrong cover. However if I select one of those albums, the correct artwork is displayed on the screen showing all of the album tracks.

I checked in MC and all of the correct artwork is displayed there.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:35 pm »

Some of the album artwork is scrambled in album view. All the titles listed under "#" have the wrong cover. However if I select one of those albums, the correct artwork is displayed on the screen showing all of the album tracks.

I checked in MC and all of the correct artwork is displayed there.
Try deleting the cached images under settings.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2013, 07:42:18 pm »

The problem resolved itself without any intervention from me.

Jake81

• Recent member
« Reply #324 on: August 02, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »

Hello There,

Is there a possibility to have a choice in genres by movies?
As fr as I know is this only possible by music.

Regards,

Jacky

MrC

« Reply #325 on: August 02, 2013, 04:14:08 pm »

These are defined in MC's options:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo...

Look at the Audio example there.  Copy the idea to Video.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote - Cannot connect unless Media Center 18 .exe is running
« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2013, 11:36:26 am »

Howdy,

Having this same issue with either JRemote or My River.  

JRemote will not connect unless I remote into my server and "Media Center 18.exe" then starts.  JRiver Media Center 18 automatically starts once I log in (remote desktop) into the Server.

Once that is loaded and the libary found, JRemote or the other program will connect with no isues.

I have the STARTUP setting in JRiver to auto start:  "Start Media Center and Media Server"

I know this is something simple, just not finding it.

MC 18.0.26

JRemote  2.35

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2013, 03:08:16 pm »

Got it working now....   

Found JRiver was set to MANUAL for startup in services.  Changed to Auto.  Went into JRiver and in Tools>Options>Startup only selected Media Center.  Restarted twice and both times JRemote connects fine.

Jake81

• Recent member
« Reply #328 on: August 07, 2013, 04:34:17 pm »

Thanks Mr.C,

I will give it a try.

Regards,

Jacky :)

pcstockton

« Reply #329 on: August 07, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

It seems when the "no sound", BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN error occurs, the tracks position is no longer maintained.

I'm seeing this error more frequently, and it is not due to a spun down disk as I spectulated earlier.

Yup.  I have never seen this before, but all of a sudden it is popping up.  I haven't updated anything....  Strange.

-patrick

rdsu

• Recent member
« Reply #330 on: August 08, 2013, 08:36:12 am »

Hi,

I want to set JRiver as a service to avoid logon the system...

I can use NSSM to run it as service, and JRemote can connect to it, but the music doesn't start or get any sound...

Can you help?

Thanks

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #331 on: August 08, 2013, 08:41:27 am »

I have been using JRemote for several months now. Love it. I just figured out how to set a new view in Media Center to display artists & then albums by release year....from first to last. I expected JRemote to then also display them in this way but that hasn't happened. Is there something else I need to do to have all artists albums display from their oldest thru their newest?

csimon

« Reply #332 on: August 08, 2013, 08:46:50 am »

I have been using JRemote for several months now. Love it. I just figured out how to set a new view in Media Center to display artists & then albums by release year....from first to last. I expected JRemote to then also display them in this way but that hasn't happened. Is there something else I need to do to have all artists albums display from their oldest thru their newest?

Presumably you have created your custom view in Standard View in MC? JRemote uses the Gizmo views so you need to recreate your view in Gizmo views. See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79104.msg554920;topicseen#msg554920/

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2013, 08:59:32 am »

Awesome! Thx for pointing me in the right direction.

DavidZ

• Junior Woodchuck
Tagging files in JRemote
« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2013, 11:51:20 am »

I am a new user of MC and JRemote. I imported about 1300 CD's I had ripped earlier. I wanted to "clean up" some of the classifications, and started to change the metadata while in JRemote. But when I tried to save it, I got an error message about not having the right privileges or authentication. Can someone tell me where/how I fix that? My preference is to configure JRiver and JRemote with the least amount of passwords, etc. as possible. Thanks. -- David

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #335 on: August 09, 2013, 05:43:11 pm »

I successfully created the view I wanted for the iPad ap by adjusting views first, then settings for Gizmo. What I wanted was for artists to display with albums in chronological order from first thru most recent. I created 2 views....one for Artists and another, using the files template, to view my folders on my NAS which I have 3 of; CD Rips, Hi Rex WAV & LoRes Downloads. My only issue now is with the "File" view. I get what i want....albums appear in chronological order but when I sect an album all tracks are in random play order. I've tried to figure out why but cannot get the tracks to appear in the correct album order. Any ideas?

Thx!

csimon

« Reply #336 on: August 09, 2013, 06:11:15 pm »

Try Set Rules For file Display, and set the sort order to Track #.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #337 on: August 09, 2013, 06:12:08 pm »

Thank you. Will try it.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #338 on: August 12, 2013, 08:18:19 am »

Hi Guys,

I have still not decided on the future of JRemote regarding iOS 7, but I appreciate your suggestions.
To be honest I have not yet started the work on that since I want to add some more missing features to the current version.

It has been a bit delayed due to vacation etc, but I do intend to push it out soon.
Also, based on your feedback, there will probably be one smaller release before the iOS7 version.

rdsu

• Recent member
« Reply #339 on: August 12, 2013, 10:55:54 am »

With JRemote is possible to select something like profiles, for headphones and speakers?

If not, can this be implemented in the future?

Thanks

Denti

« Reply #340 on: August 12, 2013, 06:15:29 pm »

Am I the only one who's having trouble with the alphabet on the right? It doesn't work for me to jump to a particular part of my library.

I see now that it's jumping to first names that start with the given letter, even though I have the library sorted by last name. Any way to fix this?

Denti

« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2013, 07:55:17 am »

Am I the only one who's having trouble with the alphabet on the right? It doesn't work for me to jump to a particular part of my library.

I see now that it's jumping to first names that start with the given letter, even though I have the library sorted by last name. Any way to fix this?

Any ideas how I could fix this?

pcstockton

« Reply #342 on: August 14, 2013, 10:05:34 am »

Gizmo Settings?

Denti

« Reply #343 on: August 16, 2013, 08:15:28 am »

Gizmo Settings?

I don't see how...  I have my artist field sorted by last name but with first name still visible as first name. The alphabet bar seems only to see the first letter of the artist's first name, which is throwing everything off. Help?

Denti

« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2013, 08:54:46 am »

More questions related to the above:

1) is it possible to set a default view under each category? the three are thumbnail, list with small thumbnail, and list.

2) how can I set the display features of each of these views?

3) within each view I can select to view "A-Z" or just a list. The former adds letters within the list and sorts by first letter, no matter how I've set up my sort function in Gizmo; the latter displays exactly as I've set it up in Gizmo (sort by last name, ignores "the, a, etc"

3a) NOTE: in thumbnail view I cannot select between these (A-Z / list) and that's part of why I'm having trouble with the alphabet seek function, I assume.

I have to select these views each time I open up J.Remote. The default is thumbnail. It stays that way until I shut down and reopen either MC or the remote.

4) Can I add to the thumbnail text as I can in Standard View in MC? (I've tried this in Gizmo and the added text does not appear, so I assume no. But this would be a nice feature)

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2013, 10:56:13 am »

LesPaul - I've no problem with paying some more for a new version - JRemote makes a huge contribution to the ease with which I can listen to my music, and it costs a paltry amount of money in the scheme of things. Charge away. You deserve it.

shAf

« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2013, 09:44:53 am »

[...]
Fork the code.  Keep the current version in the App Store, clearly marked as the "old version" for backwards compatiblity, and release JRemote 2 for iOS7.  You'll get some screams from people who are angry that they have to pay again, and a few more from new people who accidentally got the wrong version (maybe lower the price of the original one since it won't be developed much anymore), but you'll get "upgrade revenue" from people like me, so I think that'll soften the blow a bit.  And, most importantly, you won't have to kludge it with two nearly completely independent UIs internally.

If you're ever going to do it, now is the time.

Speaking of now is the time ... how will Media Center 19 fit into this?  It would seem there's so many new features, and possible changes (eg, volume leveling), JRemote development may need to separate MC19 from previous versions(?) ... possibly not for control of your media center, but I'm talking about connecting to the MC19 server for local playback on the iPod/iPhone(?)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2013, 07:09:15 am »

Hi there,

Is there a way to use JRemote to stream YouTube videos to different sources?  That is, search for a youtibe video and then "send" it from the Ipad to my WDTV unit via JRemote (the way that i now send videos or songs from my server)?

Thanks

Dave

csimon

« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2013, 07:11:28 am »

No, there isn't a way to do this.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
JRemote default listing for Track Listings
« Reply #349 on: August 23, 2013, 12:27:04 pm »

Is there a way to set JRemote to use the first listing (Track list with no thumbnails) as the default?

This is the vertical listing of tracks on an album but without the thumbnails next to each song/track.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up