INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262933 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #400 on: September 16, 2013, 11:11:15 pm »

Can an ipad and an iphone use the same Jr River server.

of course
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

sunfire7

« Reply #401 on: September 17, 2013, 03:49:01 pm »

Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

csimon

« Reply #402 on: September 17, 2013, 04:02:36 pm »

I'm not sure that it helps. It just means that people with 1st gen iPads who haven't yet downloaded JRemote will be still able to download the last compatible release of JRemote once the "deed is done". But presumably that old version is locked and there will be no further updates or bug fixes and the developer is not going to support it.

In a way, it makes it more of a nightmare for the developer and users as potentially more people will still be downloading the old unsupported version. But it also means that as the price of used 1st gen iPads drop, more people might be tempted to buy one, it will give cheaper Android devices a run for their money especially considering JRemote is streets ahead of Gizmo. There might be increased revenue for the developer. Existing users might buy multiple ones.  Spending silly money on a new iPad just to run JRemote is not going to happen.

I don't know the technical details of the iOS SDK - will there come a time when apps compiled with the old SDK will not run on newer devices? If not, or that time is a long way off, doesn't it make more sense to continue with the old SDK as far as possible?

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #403 on: September 17, 2013, 05:33:31 pm »

Love the new version in terms of the navigation which is much less confusing then previously. However I do have a small disaster on my hands with it. When I want it to play directly to an iDevice (ie: my iPhone 5), there is a gap 10 seconds before the end of each track regardless of whether it is a gapless album or not. This makes the remote unusable as a listening device at the moment. I use MC 19-38. I tried different settings to no avail.

I am having the same issue, the gap before end of song is pretty annoying.  I test while on wifi as well and there was no difference. Mi am running it against 18.0.212 iPhone 6.1.4

Thanks, 

Pete

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #404 on: September 17, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »

I'm glad someone else piped in, I was beginning to think I was the only one with this gap problem. Basically, if we use "play all", every playlist or album is treated as gapless. I suppose it's the easiest implementation in terms of coding this. But now, because if this gap, the only way I can listen to an album is by using "play" and pressing the "next" button after each track. Please let us know if you can reproduce.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #405 on: September 18, 2013, 02:33:43 am »

Claude and chirpp,

Are you saying that there is a 10 second pause after one song ends and the next song starts?
What is the format of the tracks you are streaming, and are you using transcoding?

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #406 on: September 18, 2013, 08:40:14 am »

Hi Lespaul, and thank for the reply!

What happens to me is that there is a small gap exactly at the -10s mark at the end of a track. The gap can be anywhere from a 10th of a second to very close to a full second; this is regardless of whether or not the track is gapless. In a gapless album, there will be an additional "tick" at the start of the next track (this I can live with!).

95% of my tracks are FLAC. Some are high definition, most are 16/44.1, and the problem occurs regardless of the compression format. Also, I have tried with all three transcoding choices, and with no transcoding. I have deleted the and reinstalled the app, restarted my computer and router, deleted old DLNA servers and added the generic one (voodoo science, but why not!) all to no avail ...

vagskal

« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2013, 02:15:15 pm »

Thanks for the updates! I like the new search group function.

I have the latest update and when I switch to a zone with a DLNA device the currently playing track (via push from MC, Whitebear to Squeezeboxes synced by Logitech Media Server) is not showing for other zones than the one I am playing to. It used to with the previous version.

Here is the set up: Play to one MC zone consisting of one Squeezebox (via Whitebear). That Squeezebox is synced using Logitech Media Server to two other Squeezeboxes that are also set up as zones in MC  (no link zones in MC). The zone/Squeezebox I am playing to from MC is in JRemote showing the complete playlist I pushed. The two other zones/Squeezeboxes are no longer showing the currently playing (synced with LMS) track in JRemote. JRemote, as MC is doing now and before, used to show the current track and the next track in he playlist. It is like JRemote is no longer pulling the current playlist from those other DLNA devices.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »

Claude Lapalme:

Mail me if you would like to try a beta version that may fix your problem.
Seems to me that the skip is caused when the next track starts to download in the background, probably only on older devices?

I have now moved most of this code to a background thread. I think it will solve the problem.

Vagskal:

I am not sure at the moment what may have caused the new behaviour, but i will investigate.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2013, 03:38:24 pm »

@:Lespaul

Done!

Funny enough though, it's a brand new iPhone 5. My old one had a power button issue so Apple replaced it last week. Just downloaded ios 7 too. Had the same issue. I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks.

chirpp

• World Citizen
JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #410 on: September 18, 2013, 05:43:42 pm »

Claude and chirpp,

Are you saying that there is a 10 second pause after one song ends and the next song starts?
What is the format of the tracks you are streaming, and are you using transcoding?
I will take the response of Claude and say ditto!  I tried the same options to no avail.

I am upgrading to iOS 7 and can let you know if that helps.

Update:
I updated to iOS 7. No change . I see the 2.41 update on App Store and i updated the program.  

The issue still occurs.  About -10 left in the song it blanks out audio, then comes back. Incan start playing an album, and when the first song starts playing slide the song to about -20 left, and it will still fail.

Does that make sense?

Pete

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #411 on: September 19, 2013, 02:38:46 am »

The numeric volume display is broken (always shows 0%, big number display doesn't appear) when "This device" is active.

The controls (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous) are so small now that they are unusable in a car audio environment (MacMini as a CarPC, JRemote  as controller)  >:(.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #412 on: September 19, 2013, 05:11:35 am »

Fred1, I am planning a dedicated car display for easier access to the most used controls, and swipe to change track.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #413 on: September 19, 2013, 07:07:17 am »

Similar issues for me as well with ios7.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #414 on: September 19, 2013, 07:24:36 am »

Fred1, I am planning a dedicated car display for easier access to the most used controls, and swipe to change track.
Lespaul,

that's great!!!

Would you consider gestures, too?
(A great example for a car display is the LeechTunes app with its gesture driven interface).

And by the way, it would be great if JRemote could use the songs of the built in iTunes music library, when offline.

csimon

« Reply #415 on: September 19, 2013, 07:34:40 am »

(A great example for a car display is the LeechTunes app with its gesture driven interface).

Yes, I've got that too, I like the swiping for car use!  Track 8 is also a gorgeous interface but it has a few basic flaws that mean I can't really use it.

And by the way, it would be great if JRemote could use the songs of the built in iTunes music library, when offline.

I've asked for a similar thing for Gizmo!

I haven't got a car PC but I do have both an iPad and an Android tablet synchd with my music from MC for use in the car. But I haven't yet found an iOS or Android music player that can arrange and sort things like MC. Track 8, for example, has no Genres menu, displays Artist even when sorted by Album Artist (but at least it knows about Album Artist which is more than a lot of music players), cannot create playlists, cannot queue individual songs.  The built-in Android music player (from a couple of versions ago, not the latest version) is probably the best for Android but still it's not perfect. The combination of MC's cataloguing and JRemote's UI would be perfect, but obviously requires online access. However, if it was to cache MC's view schemes for us off-line, JRemote would need to build its own indexing etc, which I think is quite a big development for this app, but if it doesn't then I might as well go back to standard music players that only do Album/Artist/Genre...

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #416 on: September 19, 2013, 02:08:16 pm »

Wooooo!!!
 :)

musicmax

• Recent member
« Reply #417 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:35 am »

Gapless works! Excellent.

I thought gapless always worked if the zone supported gapless.  What scenario do you have where gapless didn't work but does now?

pcstockton

« Reply #418 on: September 20, 2013, 09:58:41 am »

LesPaul,

On iPhone 5 and iOS7 I am getting a slight pause at the "10 seconds" to go mark.  Maybe 2 seconds max.  Then it continues to the end of the song.

Just thought I would chime in on that front.

Thanks!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #419 on: September 20, 2013, 06:38:58 pm »

Lespaul gave me a beta that fixes this. I'm sure he'll give it to you when he sees your message.

Denti

« Reply #420 on: September 21, 2013, 08:38:58 am »

I thought gapless always worked if the zone supported gapless.  What scenario do you have where gapless didn't work but does now?

Streaming to my ipad.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #421 on: September 21, 2013, 11:56:38 am »

Could someone please let me know if these two requests have already been considered.  I don't want to repeat something that has already been addressed, but at the same time I don't want to have my earlier post ignored and forgotten. 

Lespaul mentioned this in his recent post of changes and future implementation.  I'm not sure if this includes what I'm requesting, which is to organize the Podcast section and to be able to sort albums by year instead of title:

Quote from: Lespaul
As well as smaller issues regarding sorting and view modes.

Denti

« Reply #422 on: September 21, 2013, 03:36:08 pm »

The ability to switch volume leveling on and off would be great.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #423 on: September 22, 2013, 05:09:12 pm »

Hello,
Running iOS 7 with ipad mini and iPhone 4S to control J river 18.  Often times when playing music throughout the day and open up the app later to change songs etc, the app can't locate the server and I constantly get the "connection failure" error?

I have a caps music server running hard wired with jriver.  The firewall is off and the pc has no virus software and is very bare bones.  I also have two different wireless networks.

Why does the connection drop so often, suggestions???

I had same issues prior to iOS 7 too.

Thanks!

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #424 on: September 22, 2013, 05:34:01 pm »

Hello,
Running iOS 7 with ipad mini and iPhone 4S to control J river 18.  Often times when playing music throughout the day and open up the app later to change songs etc, the app can't locate the server and I constantly get the "connection failure" error?
I had similar issues (sometimes came back and Playing Now album would be blank, no controls would work) this was with any version after 18.0.206, as 206 had no issue. 

Version 19.0.38 is running fine for me with JRemote with either connections or losing controls.  Tried .41 and had similar problems/issues, so went back to .38 and all is well.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #425 on: September 22, 2013, 06:19:37 pm »

I have gone back to 38 as well for the same reasons.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #426 on: September 22, 2013, 07:24:18 pm »

Thanks guys I will try that version!  Here I thought it was more of an app issue versus the MC edition.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #427 on: September 24, 2013, 10:29:41 am »

so I switched to MC 19.0.38 as you guys mentioned and so far much better!  The app itself works great and the only glitch is some inconsistent cover art flicking on/off during playback.  At least the app loads up when asked:)

If you guys find a newer version of mC19 works better, please update this thread!

Thanks.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #428 on: September 24, 2013, 10:44:57 am »

19.0.43 was just released so I will be trying it tonight.  (maybe not with the OS Crash issues people are posting about)

I had some issues with 19.0.38 yesterday.   Not sure if the Currently Playing Thumbnail was gone or not as I had JRemote shutdown on the iPad.   Issue:  I could not connect with JRemote or RDP after some time - 20-30 minutes.   I then mapped a drive to JRiver, only after mapping a drive could I connect with JRemote or RDP to JRiver.

Posted this in JRiver 19:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83827.0

prg02

• Recent member
« Reply #429 on: September 24, 2013, 10:52:30 am »

I have been having problems streaming videos to my device. I can't play any videos, most of my videos are mp4 and they used to play well in previous versions. The same thing happens with MC18 (212) and MC19 (38). I am using the latest version of jremote, Any ideas?

Thanks,

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #430 on: September 24, 2013, 03:59:03 pm »

Hi all,

I scrolled back a few pages and searched, I hope I'm not duplicating a post here...

When playing an album on my iPad I will get one song only, then a pop-up error of "no sound / BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN/nhttp://..."

I am using MC for mac (build 218) and JRemote on my iPad. 

Any help is appreciated.

farreln

• Recent member
« Reply #431 on: September 24, 2013, 11:24:13 pm »

I have been enjoying using JRemote this weekend - almost no trips back to the Mac. Only thing so far I can't decipher is no podcasts in the JRemote Podcast view even though I have several in MC - under Podcasts. Is there something extra I need to do so JRemote can see them?

Thanks for patience with a rookie.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
Re: Re: Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2013, 10:48:49 am »

Hi all,

I scrolled back a few pages and searched, I hope I'm not duplicating a post here...

When playing an album on my iPad I will get one song only, then a pop-up error of "no sound / BASS_ERROR_UNKNOWN/nhttp://..."

I am using MC for mac (build 218) and JRemote on my iPad. 

Any help is appreciated.

A number of us have been having the exact same issue for a couple of builds.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2013, 08:34:07 pm »

The Playing Now playlist can be cleared via long hold on any track, but not when in the actual Playing Now list.  Can this be added?  It seems counter-intuitive to have to long-hold on some folder group or a track to clear the playlist which is in another part of the screen.  It would be nice to allow it from both locations.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rjm

« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2013, 10:43:13 pm »

I use the new User feature as a global filter. One of my users is "MP4 Only".

I just tested and confirmed that JRemote respects the currently selected user.

If it were possible to select a user from within JRemote then we could chose "MP4 Only" and see only ios compatible media.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #435 on: September 26, 2013, 12:07:12 pm »

A number of us have been having the exact same issue for a couple of builds.

I rebooted both Macbook and iPad... and now everything works again.  I had tried this numerous times before posting but this last time it seemed to have worked... for about a day now.  Fingers crossed that it keeps.

csimon

« Reply #436 on: September 26, 2013, 04:19:38 pm »

Possible Bug Report - Playing Now playlist not refreshing

Starting with a clear playlist I queued three music videos using tap-and-hold and selecting Add to Playlist. On going into Playing Now, only two of them showed up.  I thought the third had been missed somehow so I went back into browse mode and selected it again. Playing Now then showed it as correctly as third in the list, although the display was showing "Track 1 of 4". Screenshot attached.

I then added another video to the list and when I went back into Playing Now, the third one was now showing twice, in both third and fourth places and the new video that I had selected was not showing. It was saying "Track 1 of 5" although only four were displayed.

After getting to the end of the list, on reaching number 5 the last video I had selected suddenly appeared in the list as soon as it started playing.

I then cleared the list and the text changed to "Track 0 of 0" but all videos remained in the listing.

Therefore the "Track x of y" text is always correct but the actual Playlist listing is not refreshing properly.

I am using the current version of JRemote together with the current version of MC (19.0.45).

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote - Connection to JRiver
« Reply #437 on: September 27, 2013, 11:26:11 am »

Update for connection issues.

JRiver 19.0.45, JRemote 2.41, iOS7

So far this combination is better, but still some minor issues connecting.  

Last night did not have any issues where the Playing Now thumbnail disappears in the 2 hours I played tunes.  Kept JRemote running all the time and no issues each time I used JRemote.

This morning I fired up server, no tasks performed on server, no music playing, etc for at least 30 min.   Connected with JRemote on first try with an almost immediate connection.   Closed and killed the app on iPad and tried to connect again.   This time it took 4-5 retries before I finally connected.   Closed the app and killed it, then waited 30 mins and had to go through multiple tries before I finally connect.

I will report if any more issues arise.

neuphonix

« Reply #438 on: September 28, 2013, 12:06:30 am »

Hey all,
sorry for the noob question but i've just started using JRiver & JRemote on my mac.
Is it possible to clear the playlist from within JRemote?
I can click to add albums or tracks no worries, & then pull up the playlist tab menu to see what is lined up, all good.
Can you clear the list from within the remote app or only via the MC software on the mac?
Cheers :)

MrC

« Reply #439 on: September 28, 2013, 12:22:37 am »

Hey all,
sorry for the noob question but i've just started using JRiver & JRemote on my mac.
Is it possible to clear the playlist from within JRemote?
I can click to add albums or tracks no worries, & then pull up the playlist tab menu to see what is lined up, all good.
Can you clear the list from within the remote app or only via the MC software on the mac?
Cheers :)

See my suggestion above, which asks for an additional way to accomplish this.

neuphonix

« Reply #440 on: September 28, 2013, 12:44:51 am »

See my suggestion above, which asks for an additional way to accomplish this.
Thanks MrC :)
Where's the "clear / edit playlist" button?
Certainly seems like a pretty basic feature that's missing to me.
I have been using Kinsky uPNP to control my Linn DS & this has an edit playlist feature which I use all the time.
Am enjoying using JRiver & remote so far, still a big buggy though (on the mac). But when it's working not bad at all.

MrC

« Reply #441 on: September 28, 2013, 01:20:23 am »

Long hold on a track or grouping.

csimon

« Reply #442 on: September 28, 2013, 04:58:42 am »

There's an Actions button on the Playing Now/Playlist screen and Clear List is in there.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2013, 09:42:40 am »

Update for connection issues.

JRiver 19.0.45, JRemote 2.41, iOS7

So far this combination is better, but still some minor issues connecting.  

Last night did not have any issues where the Playing Now thumbnail disappears in the 2 hours I played tunes.  Kept JRemote running all the time and no issues each time I used JRemote.

This morning I fired up server, no tasks performed on server, no music playing, etc for at least 30 min.   Connected with JRemote on first try with an almost immediate connection.   Closed and killed the app on iPad and tried to connect again.   This time it took 4-5 retries before I finally connected.   Closed the app and killed it, then waited 30 mins and had to go through multiple tries before I finally
Well this morning, connected up right away, but after a few songs, when trying any action, JRemote loses connection with the server.  Go through the song and dance of trying to connect and 4+ times later get connected.  Later on same thing occurred over and over.

So looks like still some connection issues

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #444 on: September 28, 2013, 05:11:56 pm »

IMPORTANT SUGGESTION:

Hi,

I can see JRemote is getting better and better!!! Now it is part of my automation control apps. I am really happy Lespaul accepted my suggestion of adding link/unlink zones feature!! It is great!!!

Now I have another suggestion:

Add optional buttons(I think 2 is fine) to launch an app or link. You can put an option to display or not these buttons in the settings menu. This way we can launch JRemote from another app and go back to the automation app from JRemote.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #445 on: September 29, 2013, 01:05:29 am »

Anyone know the answer to this issue related to JRemote use:

Hi Jim

Is this option built in to JRMC19 - so that one server can control many clients as zones?

2.  Play on [Device] -- this plays to any zone or DLNA Renderer, including a copy of MC (if DLNA is enabled under Media Network).

It used to be that you could see all the client zones on the server machine...currently I only see the option to enable it on the client ...to see the server zones.

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2013, 06:45:45 am »

Do you plan to add a way to download a playlist (for offline use) in JRemote ?
I've seen other iphone apps allowing DLNA files download but only one by one and very far from JRemote quality.
And other methods, like webdav or http transfers are not efficient to transfer tons of playlists (non jailbreaked phones versions)
Thanks in advance and thanks for your amazing piece of software!
Yann L<br>________________________<br><br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;<br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #447 on: September 29, 2013, 07:56:41 am »

Well this morning, connected up right away, but after a few songs, when trying any action, JRemote loses connection with the server.  Go through the song and dance of trying to connect and 4+ times later get connected.  Later on same thing occurred over and over.

So looks like still some connection issues
Update....  Once I connect and keep JRemote as main screen, it runs pretty well.  Only a couple times did it drop the connection.   But if you put JRemote in background (say using another app) and then come back to JRemote, you see the thumbnail and time played, but thumbnail disappears and the time is not updated, the. It goes to track 0 of 1,then loses connection.

FYI this is NOT a network issue on my end as I can access all other devices on my network while this connection issue continues with JRemote and JRiver.

freebiscuits

• Recent member
Re:
« Reply #448 on: September 29, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »

Lespaul gave me a beta that fixes this. I'm sure he'll give it to you when he sees your message.
Just found this thread and also have the same problem. I use an iPad 3 and MC19.0.45. Please help!

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
Re:
« Reply #449 on: September 30, 2013, 01:09:37 pm »

Just found this thread and also have the same problem. I use an iPad 3 and MC19.0.45. Please help!

Me too. Got an iPad 3, iOS7.0.2 and MC 19.0.32
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up