INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 262921 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote default listing for Track Listings
« Reply #350 on: August 23, 2013, 12:30:55 pm »

Is there a way to set JRemote to use the first listing (Track list with no thumbnails) as the default?

This is the vertical listing of tracks on an album but without the thumbnails next to each song/track.

This is something I've touched on. I think it remembers certain settings but it seems a bit random.  I'd like it to remember full thumbnail view in all cases but switch to a pure text listing when you get down to track level, except where it's a multiple artist album in which case I'd liketo see the text listing with the small thumbnail on the left.

For videos, I'd like it to stay in full thumbnail mode all the time, otherwise it only gives you large icons for folders then as soon as you get to a folder that contains actual videos you lose the cover art - it automatically reverts to a text listing.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRemote default listing for Track Listings
« Reply #351 on: August 23, 2013, 12:58:24 pm »

This is something I've touched on. I think it remembers certain settings but it seems a bit random...... [rest of msg removed]
I would agree.  There are some albums that seem to "remember" this, then others which do not.

PSS2P

Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2013, 02:02:42 am »

Is there a way to display album thumbnails instead of tracks in the JRemote playlist view (in the JRiver playlist view I can select this under "List Style --> Album Thumbnails")? I use smart playlists to sort my music by resolution and it would be nice to be able to add the complete album to playing now rather than to have to select all the tracks one by one. Thanks for your help.

Denti

« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2013, 11:45:10 am »

More questions related to the above:

1) is it possible to set a default view under each category? the three are thumbnail, list with small thumbnail, and list.

2) how can I set the display features of each of these views?

3) within each view I can select to view "A-Z" or just a list. The former adds letters within the list and sorts by first letter, no matter how I've set up my sort function in Gizmo; the latter displays exactly as I've set it up in Gizmo (sort by last name, ignores "the, a, etc"

3a) NOTE: in thumbnail view I cannot select between these (A-Z / list) and that's part of why I'm having trouble with the alphabet seek function, I assume.

I have to select these views each time I open up J.Remote. The default is thumbnail. It stays that way until I shut down and reopen either MC or the remote.

4) Can I add to the thumbnail text as I can in Standard View in MC? (I've tried this in Gizmo and the added text does not appear, so I assume no. But this would be a nice feature)

anyone?

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2013, 06:23:21 pm »

I have a pair of albums with the same name and same genre with different artists but JRemote shows them as one album in album view with all the tracks listed together.  MC (v 18.0.213 for MAC OS X) shows them correctly as separate albums in album view.  I don't see anything amiss in the tags.   What am I missing?

PSS2P

« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2013, 12:02:42 am »

Is there a way to display album thumbnails instead of tracks in the JRemote playlist view (in the JRiver playlist view I can select this under "List Style --> Album Thumbnails")? I use smart playlists to sort my music by resolution and it would be nice to be able to add the complete album to playing now rather than to have to select all the tracks one by one. Thanks for your help.

While I have not solved the playlist view subject I have found a workaround that does what I need:

1. In MC create a new Album view under Audio that filters by resolution (or any other criteria you need). Give it an appropriate name. For illustration purposes I use "Hi_Res" here
2. Under "Tools" -> "Options" -> "Media Network" -> "Advanced" select "Customize views for Gizmo & WebGizmo...". In "Items To Show" select "Audio" then click on "Add" and select "Library Item From Standard View". In the pop-up list that comes up select "Audio\Hi_Res" the view just created under 1. above. Click OK to save the changes.
3. In JRemote this view now also shows up under Audio providing direct access to whichever Albums the view defined under 1. filters for

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2013, 09:10:54 pm »

I have a pair of albums with the same name and same genre with different artists but JRemote shows them as one album in album view with all the tracks listed together.  MC (v 18.0.213 for MAC OS X) shows them correctly as separate albums in album view.  I don't see anything amiss in the tags.   What am I missing?

I discovered I have a second pair of albums with the same name and this time both MC 18 and JRemote show them as one album with all tracks combined (although JRemote lists the header to the album selection as containing multiple albums).   Now I renamed one of the albums with all lowercase and now MC shows them as separate albums while JRemote does not (although JRemote does show the lowercase title in the track listings).   

csimon

« Reply #357 on: August 26, 2013, 05:01:09 am »

JRemote uses the Gizmo views, not the views that you see in the normal MC front-end. Go to Customise Viewws for Gizmo, add a view, and use Item From Standard View to copy the view from MC that works for you, then see what happens.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2013, 11:07:02 am »

JRemote uses the Gizmo views, not the views that you see in the normal MC front-end. Go to Customise Viewws for Gizmo, add a view, and use Item From Standard View to copy the view from MC that works for you, then see what happens.

Ok, did that and nothing changes.  There must be some hidden rule that deals with this - what is it?

csimon

« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2013, 12:10:14 pm »

Is this an Album view without a preceding Artist level? If so, you might have to alter the Album level to make it an expression based on Album & Artist. Probably MC front-end sorts this out on its own.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #360 on: August 26, 2013, 12:14:49 pm »

Probably using two different cases to distinguish same-named albums is not the right approach.  MC is case agnostic in some cases, and not so in others.  And DLNA or WebGizmo clients may make their own rules.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #361 on: August 26, 2013, 12:32:23 pm »

Is this an Album view without a preceding Artist level? If so, you might have to alter the Album level to make it an expression based on Album & Artist. Probably MC front-end sorts this out on its own.
What do you mean by artist level?

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2013, 12:35:16 pm »

Probably using two different cases to distinguish similar albums is not the right approach.  MC is case agnostic in some cases, and not so in others.  And DLNA or WebGizmo clients may make their own rules.
Agree, that is not an acceptable solution.  Just a temp kludge.

csimon

« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2013, 12:36:48 pm »

I don't actually use an Album view, I generally want to browse my albums by artist. So I have an Artist view with an Artist category
first and then drill down into Albums by that Artist. This gets round the problem of having albums of the same name by different artists.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #364 on: August 26, 2013, 12:38:16 pm »

Under Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for Gizmo..., go to the Audio section, and you'll see Album there.  You'll probably want to change the Album listed under Show Categories In This Order.

Change it to, say, the expression:

[Album] - [Album Artist (auto)]

by clicking the Edit button and changing the type to Expression.

Alternatively, you could add a new item to Show Categories In This Order.  Add [Album Artist (auto)] as an item below Album.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2013, 02:57:39 pm »

That works.  Now both albums are shown under the top level album name.  Thanks.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2013, 09:45:25 pm »

Solving this problem has taught me how to create other custom views that I never could do in iTunes.   Such as create a HiResPCM list without having to use the genre category in iTunes for it.   I now really appreciate the power of this program.    It is everything I wanted iTunes to be but will never be because of Apple's focus on the (mindless?) mass market.   I am in awe of what you and the MC programers have done.   (I wish the Lynx Studio people would hire you to work on their iOS program for their Hilo A/D D/A as they appear to be struggling to get something out).   Again, what a delight to use this program!

musicmax

• Recent member
« Reply #367 on: August 28, 2013, 08:03:53 am »

Short version:

Can JRemote display chapter names for videos?  If not can that feature be added?

Long version:

I am experimenting with ways to achieve gapless playback to DLNA renderers that don't natively support gapless.  One suggestion was to mux the audio files (FLAC in my case) into a video container (MKV) using AudioMuxer.  This works nicely, and AudioMuxer will even imbed the name of the song as a chapter title within the MKV.

I did this with one of my gapless albums (Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here").  The playback IS gapless, but it would be nice if JRemote would display the chapter (i.e. song) titles as it goes through the songs.

Snafujg

« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2013, 10:47:00 am »

This may have been covered, but I couldn't find it specifically.  Will JRemote work with MC19?  I saw there was thought of creating a new version of JRemote for MC19.  But I didn't see anything definitive.  I don't want to upgrade to MC19 till I know JRemote will work with it.  JRemote is critical to my music listening experience.  Best $10 I ever spent!

csimon

« Reply #369 on: August 28, 2013, 10:53:03 am »

I'm using JRemote fine with MC19.

bigbwb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2013, 06:05:55 pm »

Hi guys,
I'm trying to determine why JRemote takes a really long period of time to reboot after I exit out of the app on either my iPhone 4S or ipad mini?  For example, I will skip so e tracks or adjust the volume then let the phone/ipad "rest" or the display turns off.  When I open the app back up again sometime it does not find the server for a few minutes while other times its nearly instant?

I'm using MC18

Thanks.

mstan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2013, 10:56:59 am »

A suggestion:  Can you add a way to toggle artist/album views within certain audio folders like genre?    For example, when opening genre-->classical I get artist view by default.   I could change that default or create another genre folder in audio with album view.  Better would be to offer a choice within genre to view artists or albums.  Similarly, I have just added a record label field and created two top level folders in audio with one having an artist view and the other an album view.   This is too many folders. 

Denti

« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2013, 06:16:01 pm »

I have asked before and gotten no answer, but I need to get the A-Z selection in artist view to work. I have over 1,000 different artists and it's a pain to have to scroll. Right now these letters jump to artist first names, not the last names with which they are alphabetized.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2013, 09:52:23 am »

Hello!
I have been waiting a very long time for this feature
This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190036.exe

19.0.35 (9/3/2013)

11. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Playlist/AddFile to add a single file to a playlist.

When will this feature be implemented in JRemote?

Usecase: A new iPad/iPhone gesture would be great--> hold on a track with one finger in main and playing now screen that pops up a menue to select the target playlist!

Regards Erwin

musicmax

• Recent member
« Reply #374 on: September 09, 2013, 08:36:24 am »

*bump* - i sent an email too and got no reply.  does the jremote team monitor this board?

Short version:

Can JRemote display chapter names for videos?  If not can that feature be added?

Long version:

I am experimenting with ways to achieve gapless playback to DLNA renderers that don't natively support gapless.  One suggestion was to mux the audio files (FLAC in my case) into a video container (MKV) using AudioMuxer.  This works nicely, and AudioMuxer will even imbed the name of the song as a chapter title within the MKV.

I did this with one of my gapless albums (Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here").  The playback IS gapless, but it would be nice if JRemote would display the chapter (i.e. song) titles as it goes through the songs.

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #375 on: September 09, 2013, 08:42:58 am »

Owner/Author of JRemote last stopped by (by their posting) August 12th - Post #338.   

They may be reading/monitoring the thread.....(hopefully)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2013, 01:49:53 pm »

john925

• Recent member
« Reply #377 on: September 11, 2013, 09:32:51 pm »

Wish the width of the Zone selection column can be enlarged.  For some Zone with a long name, the width is not enough to show.  Hope this could be fixed in the next build.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #378 on: September 12, 2013, 01:54:41 am »

I just rcvd a HRT microstreamer miniDAC (plays up to 24/96) and now with the recent firmware it can connect to an iPad by use the camera connection kit without needing additional power!

Sat at home in armchair, HD600s on streaming content through ipad and jremote using this thing - sounds amazing.

Question - what is the maximum resolution that JRemote can stream from my PC to the iPad?  I have a variety of Hi-Res files up to 24/96 and 24/192.  I know lespaul recently added the ability to play FLAC natively without conversion, but what's the maximum resolution?
If JRemote can cope with the hi res files - is there particular settings I need?

Any help is appreciated.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #379 on: September 12, 2013, 02:06:04 am »

I just rcvd a HRT microstreamer miniDAC (plays up to 24/96) and now with the recent firmware it can connect to an iPad by use the camera connection kit without needing additional power!

Sat at home in armchair, HD600s on streaming content through ipad and jremote using this thing - sounds amazing.

Question - what is the maximum resolution that JRemote can stream from my PC to the iPad?  I have a variety of Hi-Res files up to 24/96 and 24/192.  I know lespaul recently added the ability to play FLAC natively without conversion, but what's the maximum resolution?
If JRemote can cope with the hi res files - is there particular settings I need?

Any help is appreciated.

I think I tested with my Zodiac Gold and was seeing a max of 96K for anything.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #380 on: September 12, 2013, 02:56:45 am »

The current version will play 96Khz files, but in 16 bit resolution.
The new version will play with the correct 24 bit resolution, and gapless of course.

The new version was submitted a few days ago, so may be in the store this weekend.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #381 on: September 12, 2013, 02:59:27 am »

Hello!
I have been waiting a very long time for this feature
When will this feature be implemented in JRemote?

Usecase: A new iPad/iPhone gesture would be great--> hold on a track with one finger in main and playing now screen that pops up a menue to select the target playlist!

Just saw this, will be implemented in an upcoming version.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #382 on: September 12, 2013, 03:02:41 am »

I don`t think that it`s possible to access the chapters of a video. I will investigate it though.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #383 on: September 12, 2013, 03:30:24 am »

Final change list for new version:

- New iPhone navigation. Navigation is now located in a slide-in menu. Zone selection can also be performed from this menu.
- New iPhone mini player. A bar at the bottom will show what`s currently playing with controls for play/pause and next track.
- New iPhone Thumbnail view. Similar to iPad version.
- New zone selection view. Includes options to reload and link zones.
- Swipe to delete playlists from load/save playlist dialog.
- Search now include two modes, "grouped" and "flat". The "flat option" is the old search method where all files are listed without being grouped into albums etc.
- Gapless playback for all formats when streaming
- Streaming now plays 96khz 24 bit files without downsampling.
- New progressbar will show how much of a file is downloaded when streaming

Smaller changes:
- Search button on iPad is now always visible in the left menu
- Fonts a now generally in normal weight, less bold.
- Some layout changes in Now Playing window

I know that there are still some changes that is much requested including:
- Access to the playlist in the Now Playing view on iPad
- Keyboard in the theater view remote
As well as smaller issues regarding sorting and view modes.

I will work on these issues in the next release.

sunfire7

« Reply #384 on: September 12, 2013, 03:37:34 am »

Great to heard from you, Lespaul.  Can you add Wol over wan in that to-do list?  :)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

musicmax

• Recent member
« Reply #385 on: September 12, 2013, 08:38:13 am »

I don`t think that it`s possible to access the chapters of a video. I will investigate it though.

OK thanks for the reply.

csimon

« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2013, 08:55:47 am »

I know that there are still some changes that is much requested....

I will work on these issues in the next release.

Please don't forget to bring back a Stop button (to release the renderer and the file), and automatically switch zone on the device when the zone changes on server (due to a Zone Switch rule) - otherwise you can't control what you've just selected to play!

Many thanks for the update - hope it arrives into the store soon!

Arindelle

« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:49 am »

Great work thank you! Just two things

- on search within views nothing happens (although the search "area" appears); however on the root audio view it works fine without filters. Is this a probleme with my views or is this normal at this stage in development?

I know that there are still some changes that is much requested including:
- Access to the playlist in the Now Playing view on iPad

This works fine for me?! I just turn the ipad from portrait to landscape and get the playlist on the left panel and cover or metadata in the right

csimon

« Reply #388 on: September 12, 2013, 09:34:24 am »

This works fine for me?! I just turn the ipad from portrait to landscape and get the playlist on the left panel and cover or metadata in the right

That's the issue, it doesn't work in portrait! There's no facility to switch between cover art and playlist so it limits the usefulness of Playing Now if you use your iPad in portrait.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #389 on: September 12, 2013, 03:33:40 pm »

I think I tested with my Zodiac Gold and was seeing a max of 96K for anything.

Hmmmm - are there any special settings I need to set up on the PC server side?
(I obviously have set the appropriate slider in JRemote to NOT have it transcode)

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #390 on: September 12, 2013, 03:34:52 pm »

The current version will play 96Khz files, but in 16 bit resolution.
The new version will play with the correct 24 bit resolution, and gapless of course.

The new version was submitted a few days ago, so may be in the store this weekend.

FANTASTIC!!!!!
As always, thanks for all your continued work on this app!

themesa

• Recent member
« Reply #391 on: September 14, 2013, 05:23:57 pm »

I can't get JRemote to work on my iPhone, and it's not that I have input the wrong access key. It says: ERROR: Access key was verified, but computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network." I have made sure of all of these things; still get this error message no matter what. I even re-downloaded JRemote. I'm using version 18.0.218 of JRiver media player.

pcstockton

« Reply #392 on: September 14, 2013, 07:22:30 pm »

try connecting with your IP address instead of the code.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #393 on: September 15, 2013, 03:30:52 pm »

Love the new version in terms of the navigation which is much less confusing then previously. However I do have a small disaster on my hands with it. When I want it to play directly to an iDevice (ie: my iPhone 5), there is a gap 10 seconds before the end of each track regardless of whether it is a gapless album or not. This makes the remote unusable as a listening device at the moment. I use MC 19-38. I tried different settings to no avail.

themesa

• Recent member
« Reply #394 on: September 15, 2013, 04:21:11 pm »

Sorry, but no go. Get different error right away now: Could not connect to your computer. Make sure your computer is running and connected to a network.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #395 on: September 15, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »

Code did not work for me with my iphone 5,  IP address did. Code worked for the ipad.

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #396 on: September 15, 2013, 06:19:47 pm »

When in the search (or any long list), the accelerated search bars (the a to z on the right hand side that help navigate large lists) doesn't work for all letters : if I tap "T", the "T" flashes up and fades in the centre of the screen, letting me know jremote knows what I pressed, but it moves me back to the top of the list instead.
Some letters work, others don't...
(This wasn't working on the previous release either.)
Ipad1, jremote v2.4 (that came out this weekend)

Denti

« Reply #397 on: September 15, 2013, 06:41:33 pm »

When in the search (or any long list), the accelerated search bars (the a to z on the right hand side that help navigate large lists) doesn't work for all letters : if I tap "T", the "T" flashes up and fades in the centre of the screen, letting me know jremote knows what I pressed, but it moves me back to the top of the list instead.
Some letters work, others don't...
(This wasn't working on the previous release either.)
Ipad1, jremote v2.4 (that came out this weekend)

Gapless works! Excellent.

But I'm having a similar problem with the a-z search bar. See above. The letters send me to first names, even though I've alphabetized by last names. Very frustrating.

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2013, 04:33:07 pm »

Hi, I'm wondering if the Podcasts could be organized with a hierarchy like the rest of the files, e.g. to have podcasts be organized by "artists" or in this case authors, and then have what they're specifically publishing be listed as albums?  

Also could the LP's be organized by the Year tag instead of my the name of the albums?

Thanks for the consideration!

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #399 on: September 16, 2013, 06:59:13 pm »

Can an ipad and an iphone use the same Jr River server.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 17   Go Up