INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center  (Read 263378 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote - iOS remote control for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #500 on: October 21, 2013, 06:11:49 pm »

The Playing Now playlist can be cleared via long hold on any track, but not when in the actual Playing Now list.  Can this be added?  It seems counter-intuitive to have to long-hold on some folder group or a track to clear the playlist which is in another part of the screen.  It would be nice to allow it from both locations.

+1
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #501 on: October 21, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »

My artist tags are First Name Last Name. But I sort by "Album Artist," which I have tagged as Last Name First Name. J.Remote appears only to pay attention to the name that appears, not the name by which it is sorted. This is, by the way, unlike in MC itself, where the A-Z bar lets you jump by the artist's sorted name. ...

My tags are set up just like yours too and my A-Z bar in JRemote is sorted by Album Artist where it sounds like your is not? Take a look at your WebGizmo settings, you might need to make some changes to get you set up the way you want.

go to Tools/Options/Media Network/Advanced/Customize Views for Gizmo.../Audio/Artist

From there you can change how this view is sorted. Where it says "Show Categories In This order" my first sort field is "Album Artist (auto)" then "Year - Album". Is yours different?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #502 on: October 22, 2013, 05:44:46 am »

Regarding clearing the "playing now" playlist from the "now playing" window. You can clear it from the "action" menu.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #503 on: October 22, 2013, 06:18:43 am »

A few comments about sorting:

There is no way to tell how a list is sorted, since that information is not provided by the webservice.
When you get the list from MC, it`s already sorted, but indexing is not possible since we don`t know the sort column and order.

This is why all lists in JRemote are sorted by name. I could provide other sort options in the app, but  it would be much better if this was provided by MC.

BTW, when you toggle the two sort modes in the app, you are switching between the custom name sorting and the sorting provided by MC.

jmschnur

• World Citizen
« Reply #504 on: October 22, 2013, 06:43:12 am »

It would be nice to have a FAQ page and also a list of keyboard shortcuts.

musicmax

• Recent member
« Reply #505 on: October 23, 2013, 09:20:06 am »

Can JRemote show metadata other than basics like artist/album?  I like to put the version information of a song into the Comment field (for example 12" Disco Mix or Mono 45 Version) rather than into the song title.  I'd like to see the Comment field in JRemote.

ETA: Never mind I found where all the Metadata is :-)

Ton

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #506 on: October 23, 2013, 11:02:10 am »

Has nobody an answer on my question(s) on the previous page, particularly this part:

"Oh... and meanwhile I have another problem. When I try to play an album, when a track is finished often it doesn't go to the next track. I see "Audio Streaming Error". But when I push the "Next" button it does play. I am very close to my router and with other apps relying on wifi I don't have problems.
What can I do to solve this ?".

Denti

« Reply #507 on: October 27, 2013, 05:08:23 pm »

My tags are set up just like yours too and my A-Z bar in JRemote is sorted by Album Artist where it sounds like your is not? Take a look at your WebGizmo settings, you might need to make some changes to get you set up the way you want.

go to Tools/Options/Media Network/Advanced/Customize Views for Gizmo.../Audio/Artist

From there you can change how this view is sorted. Where it says "Show Categories In This order" my first sort field is "Album Artist (auto)" then "Year - Album". Is yours different?

Yes, because if I sort it only with Album Artist (auto) then I get a list of artists with last name listed first. That, of course, would work perfectly and solve all my problems.

But I'm anal.

I want them to be sorted by last name but displayed first name last name. In order to do this without getting all the artists who appear on compilations also thrown in I use the following expression:

If(IsEqual([Album Artist (auto)], /(Multiple Artists/)), /(Multiple Artists/), [Artist])

Are you able to see First Name Last Name displayed, but sorted by last name? If so, what happens to all the artists in multiple artist compilations?

margolbe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #508 on: October 28, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »

Are you planning to release an Android Version of JRemote?

pcstockton

« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2013, 12:43:04 pm »

i will buy a camera cable tomorrow and see what's what.  Do you not have one?

OK bought a camera kit and then went to 5 stores to try to find an "A-to-A" USB cable.  I cannot find one anywhere.

In my talks with everyone at said stores, they don't think an "A-to-A" cable will work.  Something about hosts and whatnot.

I can only find this cable online and not going to buy one just to test this setup.  If you want to mail me one I would be more than happy to try.

Is this how you are connecting?  With an A-to-A?

Thanks,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Boldlygo

• Recent member
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2013, 02:32:47 pm »

Hi. Just recently purchased JR and JRemote and have the latest versions installed. I have an iPad 3, iPhone5 and JR running on a Win7 Pro box. Had been using iTunes for a while but now I am true JR believer!

One issue I have with displaying artists in JRemote- I have close to 200 albums with multiple artists. In JR, I've had to edit the Artists column to show 'Artist' and not 'Album Artist (auto)' to see all the artist in my library. In JRemote, it's the way it was before in JR - I have a '(Multiple Artists)' at the very top of all my artists that breaks out to show all the albums I have with multiple artists. But I want to see all the artists separately in the Artist listing. So if I have a track with Bill Haley & The Comets on an album, that artist doesn't show up in my artist list. Any way to make this happen?
Marantz AV7702 Dolby Atmos, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, OPPO BDP-103D, Epson Pro Cinema 6010, McAllister Audio OTL-185 Amps & Pre-amp, Lexicon LX-7 Amp, custom-built media server, PureAudioProject Trio15B Open-baffle front speakers

csimon

« Reply #511 on: October 28, 2013, 02:40:21 pm »

MC has 4 different sets of independant views to configure and they're used for different purposes:

1. Standard View (the desktop front-end)
2. Theater View (the 10' interface)
3. DLNA (for DLNA/UPnP devices)
4. Web Services (for remote control applications like Gizmo, Web Gizmo and JRemote)

Therefore if you've customised views in Standard View the way you want them, you need to make the same changes to Web Services in Tools/Options/Media Network/Advanced/Customise Views for Gizmo. If you have indeed customised Standard View views then you can copy them into Gizmo using that facility (and delete the default ones), or if you've simply edited the display fields in Standard View then you'll hgave to set up your Gizmo views manually.  Basically, probably all you need to do is find the relevant category in Gizmo Views and change the Album Artist to Artist as desired.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #512 on: October 28, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »

csimon,
Thanks for describing this.  I just added it to the wiki here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Views

Jim

Boldlygo

• Recent member
« Reply #513 on: October 29, 2013, 08:51:52 am »

Thank you very much - this worked. Now in JRemote all the artists show up sorted alphabetically. I don't think I EVER would have found this out on my own - these tweaks are hard to find/discover. But glad they're there!
Marantz AV7702 Dolby Atmos, Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDse, OPPO BDP-103D, Epson Pro Cinema 6010, McAllister Audio OTL-185 Amps & Pre-amp, Lexicon LX-7 Amp, custom-built media server, PureAudioProject Trio15B Open-baffle front speakers

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #514 on: November 01, 2013, 08:54:36 pm »

Any plans to integrate AIFF files?

Arlett123

• Recent member
« Reply #515 on: November 04, 2013, 04:38:57 pm »

Hi, I've read the original thread and this thread from start to finish but couldn't find an exact answer... sorry!

I use the panes view (genre, artist, album) in MC19 which is ideal for searching my audio library. Is it possible to implement this exact view in JRemote (iPad version)?

For clarity: I would like to see all three panes and library detail on the main screen, and have the files listed in the segment below. If this is not possible, what are my options? 

Thanks in advance,
Richard

pcstockton

« Reply #516 on: November 04, 2013, 05:39:51 pm »

Hi, I've read the original thread and this thread from start to finish but couldn't find an exact answer... sorry!

I use the panes view (genre, artist, album) in MC19 which is ideal for searching my audio library. Is it possible to implement this exact view in JRemote (iPad version)?

For clarity: I would like to see all three panes and library detail on the main screen, and have the files listed in the segment below. If this is not possible, what are my options?  

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Splashtop?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #517 on: November 04, 2013, 08:56:14 pm »

I have not read each and every item in this series, but I do have a serious problem.
First off, JRemote is a very very good product.
Buttttt - when playing video on iphone 5 with IOS7 the screen will NOT rotate to Landscape.
What am I doing wrong.
My other videos will rotate on the phone, but not JRemote.

Arlett123

• Recent member
« Reply #518 on: November 05, 2013, 02:45:20 am »

Splashtop?

Is that my only option? Will none of the remotes allow a panes view like in mc19?

I do not have an iPad yet so cannot test how useable splash top would be in browsing my audio files. I have circa 30,000 tracks so the scrolling of artists is my main concern. I'm assuming a remote would be better but I'm very particular with how I want the files displayed...

csimon

« Reply #519 on: November 05, 2013, 03:54:03 am »

Is that my only option? Will none of the remotes allow a panes view like in mc19?

JRemote, and other remotes, are bound by MC's remote-access protocol which only exposes a Category-style view, which is what you configure in the Gizmo/WebGizmo settings.

I'm sure it would be possible to develop a Panes view in JRemote, but really this is more like a handheld MC client should behave rather than a remote control, which is what JRemote is. Therefore the scope fo rthis sort of development should probably lie with the MC team. They are currently working on porting desktop MC to Linux, after implementing a Mac version, and there have been many, many calls for proper separation of the MC back-end and front-end so you could run an MC server on a PC or a NAS somewhere and then operate it from a client front-end on any other device. Whether or not that will happen is anyone's guess but I think the Panes view is very much part of the MC desktop front-end and belongs on a future MC client rather then a remote control, as it's certainly moving a lot of configuration and functionality onto the remote control rather than the central MC program. But I don't know, perhaps LesPaul may think differently, I don't want to put words into the developer's mouth!

Arlett123

• Recent member
« Reply #520 on: November 05, 2013, 01:00:46 pm »

Thank you for the reply csimon.

That's very disappointing but appreciate the MC team are busy with other projects. It would be a very welcome addition for many users I'm sure!!

My only option seems to a remote-desktop app so hopefully that will work ok...

csimon

« Reply #521 on: November 05, 2013, 01:09:28 pm »

BTW I suppose you could have a Windows 8 tablet and install MC on it, so that you get the functionality of the full MC front-end on a tablet, however I'm not sure how easy it would be to manipulate a standard Windows interface via touch.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #522 on: November 05, 2013, 01:15:20 pm »

Hello Lespaul,

When will it be possible to add single and multiple file to existing playlists from main and playing now view? The Media Center webservice is allready supporting this feature.

Thanks
Erwin

pcstockton

« Reply #523 on: November 05, 2013, 05:16:52 pm »

Thank you for the reply csimon.

That's very disappointing but appreciate the MC team are busy with other projects. It would be a very welcome addition for many users I'm sure!!

My only option seems to a remote-desktop app so hopefully that will work ok...

Splashtop works well for this.  You simply open MC and use it as you would on your desktop.  Easy.

Poodle

• Recent member
« Reply #524 on: November 06, 2013, 01:30:13 am »

Hi JRemote,

I have been a consistent user of MC and JRemote for a while now. First up, thanks for all the hard work, you have developed a great product.

I have one issue that I can't seem to resolve no matter what I do:

JRemote doesn't seem to consistently display the Channel/Sampling Rate/Bit Rate values.

Sometimes the remote displays it correctly, sometimes it displays some of the values as 0. It seems to display the leftmost values as a priority and simply drops the last one, two or three of the values in a random fashion. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when some of the values are dropped.

To be honest it gets a bit annoying, and otherwise the app is amazing. Can we either: (i) try and resolve the issue; or (ii) add a setting choice that allows the user to either hide or show the info in playing now?

All the best,

Poodle.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2013, 07:33:07 pm »

Hello Les Paul
Earlier I wrote "I have not read each and every item in this series, but I do have a serious problem.
First off, JRemote is a very very good product.
Buttttt - when playing video on iphone 5 with IOS7 the screen will NOT rotate to Landscape.
What am I doing wrong.
My other videos will rotate on the phone, but not JRemote."

No response.  Is the problem with landscape mode for video on iphone 5 ios7 an apple problem or jremote issue?
You have an excellent product.
I would like to get this resolved.

)p(

« Reply #526 on: November 07, 2013, 03:30:04 am »

I think ios7 handles rotation slightly different. I have seen several apps that have not been fully updated for ios7that don't rotate to landscape correctly in ios7 on an iPhone.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #527 on: November 07, 2013, 09:08:13 am »

It will be interesting to see what Les Paul has to say

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #528 on: November 07, 2013, 11:22:38 pm »

OK bought a camera kit and then went to 5 stores to try to find an "A-to-A" USB cable.  I cannot find one anywhere.

In my talks with everyone at said stores, they don't think an "A-to-A" cable will work.  Something about hosts and whatnot.

I can only find this cable online and not going to buy one just to test this setup.  If you want to mail me one I would be more than happy to try.

Is this how you are connecting?  With an A-to-A?

Thanks,
Patrick

Microstreamer takes a mini usb connection. It actually comes with the correct cable : normal USB to connect to your device (pc or CCK) and then mini usb to connect to the dac.

I think you are showing as having a NAIM dac correct?  (If not, do you have a dac that will display input resolution?)
Do you have a USB cable that would connect your iPad through the CCK as the source to the dac and then play a hi rez file with JRemote on the ipad and see what your dac reports as the input resolution?

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
JRemote - Connection Failure
« Reply #529 on: November 08, 2013, 12:59:15 pm »

I'm using JRemote on my iPhone. I bought PFConfig and installed it on my PC.  I have configured MC Server as per your instructions (I hope) and still - I get connection failures every time I try to connect with my iPHone when I'm linked by 4G - NOT wifi.

The exact message is:  " Connection failure - Could not connect to server, make sure it's available"

Also when I'm on the JRemote screen called "Add server details" - I enter my access key along with my PC's login credentials and I get this failure message when I tap "Add and connect"  -  "Access key was verified, but computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connect to a network."

I CAN connect using wifi - no problem.

Advise please? 

Thanx ... Dan

csimon

« Reply #530 on: November 08, 2013, 01:43:19 pm »

Are you using your own wi-fi, rather than a hotspot or whatever? In which case I would suggest that your network is not visible from outside your router - I'm not an expert but 4G would be an external connection wouldn't it? I would think you need to open up a port or something, perhaps someone else can advise what to do.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #531 on: November 08, 2013, 01:45:46 pm »

Yes - I have my own wireless router.  My iPhone connects to the internet via 4G.  There's a setting somewhere, I'm sure, that I haven't toggled correctly either in JRemote or in JR Media Server.  I need someone to chime in out there who knows how to manage this stuff.

Thanx .... Dan

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #532 on: November 08, 2013, 01:49:18 pm »

I would try turning off 4G and see if I could get to it with a slower phone connection.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #533 on: November 08, 2013, 01:54:34 pm »

I have no control of whether my iPhone uses 3G or 4G - it just connects to what ever is available.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #534 on: November 08, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »

You should be able to do that in settings............... I know I can with my iPhone.
Good luck.
I use NO-IP to stablize the IP address and opened a port and all is well.
Can play any of thousands of my songs from any where any time.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote - Connection Failure
« Reply #535 on: November 08, 2013, 03:38:11 pm »

I'm using JRemote on my iPhone. I bought PFConfig and installed it on my PC.  I have configured MC Server as per your instructions (I hope) and still - I get connection failures every time I try to connect with my iPHone when I'm linked by 4G - NOT wifi.

The exact message is:  " Connection failure - Could not connect to server, make sure it's available"

Also when I'm on the JRemote screen called "Add server details" - I enter my access key along with my PC's login credentials and I get this failure message when I tap "Add and connect"  -  "Access key was verified, but computer connection failed. Make sure your computer is running and connect to a network."

I CAN connect using wifi - no problem.

Advise please? 

Thanx ... Dan

Bought PFConfig?

Have you actually confirmed that the port is forwarded properly on your router?  Sounds pretty much like it isn't.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #536 on: November 08, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »

Yes - bought PFConfig.  Tried to config the ports manually but I just ain't that techie.  I found the problem.  I had not completed the PFConfig setup routine (exactly as you mentioned).  Once I ran through the PFConfig setup routine completely, everything started working perfectly!  It's so cool to be driving around town and having access to my 70,000 tunes!  This is going to be a great advantage for my rock band rehearsals!  All that music at our fingertips now.  Yikes - I love technology. 

Thank you all who offered up help with this endeavor. 

It all works!

Rock on!

Thanx. ... Dan

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #537 on: November 10, 2013, 01:53:04 am »

Ever since MC changed to allow excepting foreign language articles in sorting, some JRemote problems have arisen.

For example, if I tap on 'D' to go to artists beginning with D, it will instead take met to an artist in 'A' because their name is Die Artists (using the plural nominative definite article in German: 'die').
There is now no real way yo navigate to the real artists beginning with 'D'. I suspect the same for other tags on media with the letter 'L' for French articles too, etc.

Denti

« Reply #538 on: November 10, 2013, 08:17:45 am »

Ever since MC changed to allow excepting foreign language articles in sorting, some JRemote problems have arisen.

For example, if I tap on 'D' to go to artists beginning with D, it will instead take met to an artist in 'A' because their name is Die Artists (using the plural nominative definite article in German: 'die').
There is now no real way yo navigate to the real artists beginning with 'D'. I suspect the same for other tags on media with the letter 'L' for French articles too, etc.

This is related to my issue with having artists sorted by last name, but displayed with first name. I can't use the A-Z bar at all, which is really annoying. Some feature to allow for more flexibility in how this bar is implemented would be fantastic.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #539 on: November 10, 2013, 09:23:02 am »

Hmmmm???  Not sure what version of JRemote you're using but when I tap on "D" my results show nothing but Artists, Albums, Song Titles etc that have "D" in the phrase.  When I get more precise like typing in "Devil" I get everything in my music library that has the word "devil" in it. 

I don't see the problem?

Dan

shAf

enabling blutooth in JRemote
« Reply #540 on: November 10, 2013, 10:17:18 am »

I cannot find in JRemote settings how to select the connected BT device for audio output.  Normally, any app should recognize the BT connection automatically ... leastwise offer the choice ... not JRemote(??)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #541 on: November 10, 2013, 10:39:01 am »

The JRemote app, at least the one on my iPhone, came ready for BT play.  Never had to toggle any switches to turn it on. I jump in my truck and it starts playing my tunes.  When I set it up I simply passed it my MC Access Key, selected "This Device" at the bottom of the Settings screen, then browsed over to a playlist, tapped a tune and it just started playing.

Are you using the JRemote iPhone app that is the paid version for $9.99? 

Dan

csimon

Re: enabling blutooth in JRemote
« Reply #542 on: November 10, 2013, 12:44:32 pm »

I cannot find in JRemote settings how to select the connected BT device for audio output.  Normally, any app should recognize the BT connection automatically ... leastwise offer the choice ... not JRemote(??)

I've never done this but I would have thought it's automatic. The setting you need in JRemote is probably "This Device", and it's the iPad itself that then routes music playing on it to BT. But I don't know!

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
Playlist Updating on JRemte - Not Happening
« Reply #543 on: November 10, 2013, 01:48:45 pm »

I've been noticing that when I create a new playlist on MC and then look for it on JRemote, it's never there.  I have to remove the JRemote connection and then re-add it in order to get the new playlist to show up.  Is there some sort of refresh feature that I'm missing here?

Thanx. .. Dan

pcstockton

« Reply #544 on: November 10, 2013, 07:16:35 pm »

Works automatically here.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #545 on: November 10, 2013, 07:21:18 pm »

Hmmmm???  Not sure what version of JRemote you're using but when I tap on "D" my results show nothing but Artists, Albums, Song Titles etc that have "D" in the phrase.  When I get more precise like typing in "Devil" I get everything in my music library that has the word "devil" in it. 

I don't see the problem?

Dan

Do ou have any German media files that start with Der, Die or Das?

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #546 on: November 10, 2013, 07:44:40 pm »

Ah - found the solution - right in front of me!  Thanx! 

shAf

« Reply #547 on: November 11, 2013, 06:47:43 am »

Works automatically here.
So ... if my iPhone4 settings states that my headphone are connected, and if JRemote ($10) is still playing through the iP4 speakers, what's the next thing to try?  I'll play with rebooting and starting & stopping the pertinent apps today.  Stay tuned ...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #548 on: November 11, 2013, 08:44:35 am »

There is a toggle switch in JRemote.  On the Settings page, at the very bottom of the screen you should see a Blue right arrow - tap it and you should then see "This Device" and "Player" - tap This Device to select your iPhone as the output device.

Thanx. ... Dan

pcstockton

« Reply #549 on: November 11, 2013, 09:35:37 am »

So ... if my iPhone4 settings states that my headphone are connected, and if JRemote ($10) is still playing through the iP4 speakers, what's the next thing to try?  I'll play with rebooting and starting & stopping the pertinent apps today.  Stay tuned ...

Bluetooth will not work if something is plugged into the headphone jack.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up