INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disabling/configuring the mouse wheel for video?  (Read 6821 times)

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
Disabling/configuring the mouse wheel for video?
« on: March 12, 2013, 02:28:00 pm »

Did a quick search, and it seems the mouse wheel cannot be disabled. This cause problems with video, especially with live TV where MC is not entirely stable. Please add an option to disable it, or even configure it (volume control would be nice).
Windows 10 Pro x64

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: Disabling/configuring the mouse wheel for video?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:05 pm »

Indeed I had to switch mice in order to watch Video with MC18, because the previous mouse I was using, had a touch area instead of a wheel, and I would brush against it and the video would jump ahead or back (obviously not acceptable!).
The replacement mouse has a wheel which is stiff enough not to turn without intentional action.

BUT, one could watch MC18 with only a mouse IF there was a little more mouse support in Video, namely:

* Configuration of the mouse wheel action

* Left-click pauses - as MPC-HC does (and I think one other player).  The logic is simply " If Full Screen And Control Area is Not Displayed, Then Left-Click Equals Pause. "

The reason you don't need a remote control is that 99% of the time, the only things you need to do are:

* Select Video
* Start Video
* Pause Video when phone or doorbell rings

All of which are easily done with a wireless mouse.

While a remote control is helpful when later you want to go back and see what was that thing in the background of the second scene, most of the time one only does the above...

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 04:59:41 pm »

Did a quick search, and it seems the mouse wheel cannot be disabled. This cause problems with video, especially with live TV where MC is not entirely stable. Please add an option to disable it, or even configure it (volume control would be nice).

Mouse wheel changes the volume when mouse is pointed at the volume control.  It skips forward/backward when it is at the progress bar.  It zooms the video in and out when it is in the video screen.  The latter is a little different from the behavior when playing video file.  I am not sure if this is an oversight or by design.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 05:01:00 pm »

It zooms the video in and out when it is in the video screen.  The latter is a little different from the behavior when playing video file.  I am not sure if this is an oversight or by design.

It should only zoom when [Ctrl] or [Shift] is held down for video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audioriver

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 05:03:53 pm »

Mouse wheel changes the volume when mouse is pointed at the volume control.  It skips forward/backward when it is at the progress bar.  It zooms the video in and out when it is in the video screen.  The latter is a little different from the behavior when playing video file.  I am not sure if this is an oversight or by design.

This point-and-wheel behaviour is difficult to remember and not practical for video/TV watching. It would be much better to be able to assign a single function for the wheel, or just disable it.
Windows 10 Pro x64

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 05:12:26 pm »

Configurable would be nice. I have it set to framestep back/forward in MPC-HC. I hate when the wheel is used to seek through video, and especially to control volume.

Daniel Warner

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:53 am »

What is the status of this?  Are we any further forward in configurable mouse wheel support?
Sybil, you're always ... refurbishing yourself

rivercruiser

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 07:59:47 am »

Please please, this is very important to many of us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up