INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view Captions  (Read 1474 times)

alspoll

• World Citizen
Theater view Captions
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:51:54 pm »

All,

I just want to make sure I understand what the expected behavior is in this case...

Using the default theater view layouts and captions, files are displaying the watched flag as expected.

I have organized my movies into sets, for instance series, ex Star Wars contains Star Wars 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Again in this instance the caption reads as expected, with the watched indicator, once I select the series poster and see the individual movies files. (series is setup as a category under theater view options under details)

But, in order to not have an unassigned series category for single movies, ex Avatar, the caption only shows the movie name and the watch indicator no longer works as expected. I am guessing it is smart enough to collapse down to the single movie.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA,

AL

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater view Captions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 04:22:18 am »

The same topic with captions and box set views have been discussed before. There should be some useful info here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77006.0
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:18 am »

Thank you very much to pointing me to that thread. It solved what I was trying to accomplish.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 09:26:54 am »

Playing with this a little more and maybe I am nitpicking...

I have series artwork for all my series sets. when i set up theater view for movies and use series as a detail category view, i can see the series artwork show for the movies.

if i use the expression If(IsEmpty([Series]), [Name], [Series]) it correctly groups series and non-series, but for the series, it is not pulling in the poster, it is stacking the images behind. I like the clean consistent look of the posters.

Any ideas on how to recognize the art work?

TIA,

AL

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:40 pm »

I do not think that you'll get that effect unless you actually edit the Media Sub Type to TV Show. I'm not sure though. Never tried it this way my self. But I do think that the Series posters are handled a bit differently than movie covers. So, there's a hope of fixing it this way. It might break other things though.

I remember now, that there was an option to leave out those deck of card effects. I'm not sure however, if it was only for standard view. But in any case, it will probably not give you your custom series art instead of a random cover art from the movies.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »

I know for a fact series cover art works for movies too. I have another view that uses series
As a category and it shows the poster as expected. That is is why I thought it was not working correctly.

TIA

Al

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »

Just to clarify...

For this movie A Tale of Two Sisters I have the main movie and an extra grouped into the series "A Tale of Two Sisters".

On the left I am using the [series] tag directly in the details section. and the poster for "A Tale of Two Sisters" displays as wanted.

On the right I have an expression referencing [series] which correctly populates in theater view, except the poster does not display.

Does poster artwork for series only display if using the tag directly as is the example on the left or should it always display if referencing the tag, even in an expression as shown on the right?

I tried using [artist] with the same results...

TIA,

AL

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 02:20:39 am »

Series artwork only appears if you use the stock Series tag.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 07:06:17 am »

Series artwork only appears if you use the stock Series tag.

Thank you for confirming

Too bad. I wish there was a way then to have the artwork just display the first image file instead of showing it as multiple images. I understand it is used to show that there are multiple files but a check box option would be nice.

I got it to display and work as I want in standard view, just not in theater view.

In my opinion, the set up view options and configurations should work just like it does for standard view.

AL

MrHaugen

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 07:48:42 am »

There's quite a few improvements needed on Box set options for it to be more useful imo. This is one of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up