INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcut Function  (Read 1600 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcut Function
« on: March 13, 2013, 04:56:23 am »

Check question:

Is it just my setup or is it by design that the Windows keyboard shortcuts are not part of MC18's functionality?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/keyboard-shortcuts

Specifically, I'm talking about <Windows Logo key + Left Arrow> and <Windows Logo key + Right Arrow>

As I type, I'm watching TV via MC18 on the right window and have the internet browser up on the left. I can use the above noted shortcut to easily size the browser to half the screen but not MC18. For MC18, it's grab the mouse and stretch to suit.

I had a situation some time back where I grabbed the top bar of the MC18 window and flicked it with the mouse to one side or the other, as you can do with other Win 7 applications, and it automatically 1/2 sizes to the relevant side of the screen. With MC18, I lost the window off the side of the screen and I was not able to recover the window. If MC18 worked with the <Windows Logo Key + R/L Arrow> as it does with other applications, I should have been able to recover the window.

Forced by frustration, I uninstalled MC18 and reinstalled it just so I could get the window back.

Possibly, there was a less drastic fix, so:

A) Has anyone else had this kind of experience? - i.e. loss of the MC window from the screen's envelope of control or am I a one off?

B) As the software stands now, if I was to inadvertently repeat the stuff up above, what could I do to recover the interface window without needing to uninstall and then reinstall the software?

C) What's the user preference / vote for conformance of MC with Windows keyboard standard shortcuts? - again, am a one off or are there others out there who think this is such a standard function that it should be by default applied to MC?

Cheers
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcut Function
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 07:31:58 pm »

Obviously this query isn't a burning issue for anyone out there. Fair enough.

For my own benefit at least and in case I forget, here's what I worked out through self discovery by accident.

Using the mouse, a single click on the top boarder of the software window in the toolbar area but in a spot clear of toolbar menu items, the window reduces to a half screen.

Conversely, a double click in the same area expands the window to a full screen.

Not the same as the <Windows Logo key> function that the rest of Windows software works to but at least it achieves the same end result.

Job done..  8)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Re: Windows 7 Keyboard Shortcut Function
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »

I agree, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with the Aero Snap shortcuts, and it does snap to the sides if you drag it, as you have found out. And if the program has been quit in a position that is off-screen, or obscured by the taskbar (I have the taskbar at the top of my display) it should also reset its position when relaunched.

Something that may help you in future though, is that you can right click on the taskbar preview of a window to access the Move command, which lets you move a window around with the arrow keys. (hit enter to confirm the new position)

Pages: [1]   Go Up