INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Centre 18 for Mac Playback Issues  (Read 2571 times)

PPAC

Media Centre 18 for Mac Playback Issues
« on: March 13, 2013, 08:40:09 pm »

I have installed the latest version on two Macs and on both I am having the same issue. I am very familiar with MC for Windows and have added many files with great success including these very files. I have been asked by another user to evaluate the Mac version. So I have purchased a license and downloaded the disk image and installed the program with no issue but when I add files to the library most of the track information is blank as follows: 
     Name            Artist   Album   Rating   Genre   Track #   Duration   Bitrate   File Type   Date   Filename   
01 A Brighter Day              ? stars                                                       m4a      /Volumes/My Book Mac/Glenn's iTunes/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/The Doobie Brothers/World Gone Crazy/01 A Brighter Day.m4a

When I ask a track I get this message "Something went wrong with playback"

Any clues?

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re: Media Centre 18 for Mac Playback Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:41:34 am »

Hi,

I just experienced the same problem on a completely new mac running the very last version of Mountain lion (10.8.3) released yesterday.
I did a quick MC run on this new machine.
Files import Ok, but no tags are imported and no playback ("Something went wrong with playback").
When clicking on the format part of the tag AW, all files display n/a. Looks like MC cannot get the necessary file info to play the tracks correctly.

Using MCMAC build 146, on iMac with MTL 10.8.3.
The same build (146) can import and play Ok on my other machines (SL 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.4).
I will investigate further at the week end.

Have a nice day,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:08:52 am »

Quick update: the issue is not specific to the latest ML 10.8.3
I quickly tried a fresh MC Mac install on another machine running ML 10.8.0 -> same problem, same symptoms: no tags on import, format info is n/a, no playback.
The things in common with the machines I tried are:
- They both run ML (10.8.0 and 10.8.3)
- They both are pretty clean OSX installs with just the basic apple stuff (I mean no fancy drivers & codecs, perian, vlc, etc)
- MCMAC build 146 was the first time MC install on those machines (not pollution from any previous build)

I'll be back later, I need to get back to work...

cheers,

C.
Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:51:49 am »

Yes! There is a problem with a fresh install of build .146 on mac.
I was able to reproduce the same symptoms on my good old machine running SL 10.6.8 which I have been using faithfully since the early McMAC builds.

I deleted everything MC MAC on the computer then did a fresh install of build 146 and woof: no playback, no media infos..

So the problem is not OSX related.

Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 05:12:20 am »

I went back in time and spotted the problem appeared in between builds 143 and 146.
I was able to do a fresh install of .143 with tags, media infos and playback working Ok.
I also confirm that installing .146 over .143 retains playback functionality.

@PPAC, try installing build 143 (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78930.0) then 146 over it and see if playback is back.

C.
Bob Marley (War)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 10:45:55 am »

Sorry, but I think there was a problem installing / registering the input plugins.

It should be fixed in the next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cmagic

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 08:03:35 am »

Sorry, but I think there was a problem installing / registering the input plugins.

It should be fixed in the next build.

Thanks Matt. Build 151 solved the problem: fresh install of Mc MAC on 10.8.3 and SL are now Ok regarding import and playback.

Have a good week end,

C.
Bob Marley (War)

kwyatt99

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 10:21:56 am »

Installed 1.51 (from 1.46). Running 10.6.8. It would not recognize the shared library I loaded before until I re-loaded the library (which it acted like was already there since the re-load time for 8850 files was 0.3 seconds) Stuttering was terrible and almost constant (under 1.46 it was very intermittent). Went from playing w/o memory to playing with memory. No change. Re-booted my IMac. Same problems (not recognizing the library until re-load), and stuttering until I went to memory play. Stuttering seems to be gone right now (fingers crossed). Hope this helps.

PPAC

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 07:53:49 pm »

Indeed the new build has fixed that issue. Now to work.

Thanks for all your input

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:48:05 pm »

After several days with .151 I always have a crash when I return the next AM.  SL 10.6.8 on Mini. Otherwise plays great inc JRemote.

kwyatt99

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 09:53:56 am »

Using 10.6.8. Build 151. All of a sudden I can't view anything but "Album" View. When I select "Artists", or "Genre", or "Panes", etc..., nothing happens in the Main View. All my little Album thumbnails are still there, in Album sort. This used to work. Did I accidentally change a setting?

jjde244

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 01:28:10 pm »

How do I remove previous Media Centre 18 versions from my MAC?  Ever since I installed version 180151.dmg and follow on versions including 180155.dmg, the program does not play and I get the same error messages " Failed to create CD manager control", when I log into Media Centre 18.  It looks like I have a few corrupt files from this program.  Is there way to uninstall the program and start over with the latest version, 180155.dmg Alpha?  Since I'm fairly new to MAC use, could you explain the steps I need to go thru in simple terms?  Thank you.

jjde244

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 09:03:21 pm »

Please disregard my previous post.  I got Media Center 18 to work!   Sounds great!

kwyatt99

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 09:22:33 am »

A few problems which I don't think I've seen in the forums:

1) After I start or restart my computer, MC can't find the path to my library. So I have to re-import, takes less than a second for over 7,000 files ( so it's not actually re-loading the files), and it plays fine. But it's a pain to re-install the library every time you re-boot. Is this normal?

2) Also, "minimize" button does NOT work. And I thought I read in one of the Builds you moved the "Minimize, Maximize, Quit" buttons to the left side to be more Mac-like. Mine are still on the right side.

3) "Check for Updates" doesn't work. Error message: "There was a problem when checking for updates..."

4) And lastly, after playing MC for a while, sometimes it just freezes on the album I'm playing now and I can't change the album, can't go to "Artists", or "Genres", etc...Views. After I Quit MC and Re-launch it, it works OK.

I'm running Build 156 and OSX 10.8.3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up