INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can IR input over Intel CIR header control MC volume?  (Read 13094 times)

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member
Can IR input over Intel CIR header control MC volume?
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »

I have an Intel Mobo with the integrated IR header. Pretty nifty, can turn on computer from being completely off for example.

http://shop.inteset.com/Products/5-intel-cir-receiver.aspx

Question is does anyone know if this will control JRiver's 'internal volume' (the 64 bit volume control)?

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member
Re: Can IR input over Intel CIR header control MC volume?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 11:27:08 pm »

bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:23:29 am »

I don't think we've tested this hardware.

Can you run custom commands somehow on events?  If so, it's easy to control MC (command line, windows messages, web service, etc.):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DevZone
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 09:37:35 pm »

For future reference I have an Inteset CIR working on an Asrock motherboard with CIR header. Only Asrock and Intel provide CIR Headers on their motherboards.

I use it with a clone Windows Media Centre remote, supplied by Inteset. But it will work with any WMC remote, and functions just like a standard IR remote receiver. It does have the advantage of not using up one of your internal USB headers like most internal IR headers, or one of your external USB ports, which is handy when you have other uses for those ports, particularly the internal ones. It is common when using an IR receiver on internal IR headers that one USB port is disabled. The CIR is in addition to all USB ports. It also has the advantage of being able to wake a PC from the S5 or off state, as mentioned above.

I am having some trouble with it though, as I find sometimes that it will not respond to button presses, if I am using the remote a lot. This may be the remote, the CIR receiver, something on the bus or in Windows, or MC. I don't know yet as I haven't had time to track down the problem.

But generally, it works fine.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

nachoville

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 07:26:15 pm »

I'm utilizing the CIR header (with the exact Inteset receiver you linked to) on my Intel DH77EB mobo and the Internal Volume control is just working just fine for me.  Thanks for pointing out that option.

For what it's worth I'm also sending ASIO audio output to my DAC.

HTH,
Sten
Pages: [1]   Go Up