INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing / Freezing  (Read 7629 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Crashing / Freezing
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2013, 06:04:56 pm »

I'm curious to hear how your clean slate works. I have thought about doing the same. I have been following all the advice given in this thread but I am still not at 100% stability.. or even 80%.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2013, 06:28:52 pm »

I'm curious to hear how your clean slate works. I have thought about doing the same. I have been following all the advice given in this thread but I am still not at 100% stability.. or even 80%.

It would be good to have info on yours as well.

It could be some kind of hardware or settings incompatibility.  If you are having similar issues, maybe there is something similar.

If not, you have my attention... Use it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »

I feel you pain
   I'm same place just been here longer

bear with it they haven't let me down yet ( just for a while ) they just need to get through it , AND I believe they will .

good people here . 8)

pmcgarr

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 07:05:27 pm »

I will certainly follow up and I am glad to contribute if there's anything I can provide that might help.  I was feeling like I was doing more harm than good by continuing the battle without a clean slate or known starting point.  Maybe I will create a complete list of my hardware if that might help.

glynor, if there is anything I can provide that might be of value to anybody, please let me know.

Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »

If not, you have my attention... Use it.
The Force is with you.

pmcgarr

• Recent member
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 08:50:27 am »

As much as I enjoyed watching this thread fall out of sight, I am going to wake it up again to update because I have some good news for those that are still struggling...

My installation of J River Media Center is now stable.  I wiped my system and started fresh Last Thursday night and it has been running ever since without a hiccup.  I am methodically (and patiently) making changes to settings to customize my installation to my liking, watching for stability every step of the way.  I am logging everything I do so I know exactly what I've done should something start acting up.

The good news is not that my installation is stable, but that you can have a terrible experience such as mine and still have hope.  If you are struggling and out of options, but determined, you’ll get there.  If you have the ability to do so, don’t be afraid to start from scratch, preferably from a retail (clean) version of Windows.

Good luck, and thanks again everybody for your help.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up