INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: outputting audio to PWDII DAC using MC 18.0.151 and JRemote  (Read 2197 times)

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
outputting audio to PWDII DAC using MC 18.0.151 and JRemote
« on: March 16, 2013, 05:03:18 am »

I am using a 10.7 mac as host for MC player, and JRemote as controller on the iPhone. The iMac is connected to the dac via cat 6 ethernet cable.

Now, I can play music on the iMac, and on iPhone using, on JRemote, the zones icon at the bottom left. When I choose the dac though, I can call up no music. Moving back to the iMac, under MC>Options>Audio>Output mode settings, I see no dac there, only default, built-in sound output and soundflower.

Can someone point me to the right configuration? Thanks.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: outputting audio to PWDII DAC using MC 18.0.151 and JRemote
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 05:08:54 am »

OK, so it's soundflower 2-channel  :P :P

Oh boy, am I beginning to get interested. Thanks JRiver team for all your focus and effort to get us mac users on board.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:40 am »

I am using a 10.7 mac as host for MC player, and JRemote as controller on the iPhone. The iMac is connected to the dac via cat 6 ethernet cable.

Now, I can play music on the iMac, and on iPhone using, on JRemote, the zones icon at the bottom left. When I choose the dac though, I can call up no music. Moving back to the iMac, under MC>Options>Audio>Output mode settings, I see no dac there, only default, built-in sound output and soundflower.

Can someone point me to the right configuration? Thanks.

Ditto except 10.6.8 and iPad,  would also like to use LAN.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 12:00:01 pm »

My experience, so far, using the PWDII is working well but I'm using a LAN connection and a switch before I connect to the PWD.  I've only had problems with 192 Hz files, which stutter. 

Using 10.8.2 on a MacPro with internal HD and MC bulid 151.  Be sure to thank Paul at PSA when you get it working...MC is is leaps and bounds over EMM.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »

I have a switch 10/100/1000 switch with Cat 6 cable and this seems to work ok with streaming  24/192kHz files. Switch feeds PWDII and Oppo-103.

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:24:15 pm »

192Hz still not working...even with a robust network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up