INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Left/Right Commands skipping views in Theater View  (Read 649 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Left/Right Commands skipping views in Theater View
« on: March 16, 2013, 04:04:16 pm »

Hi,

I use my TV's IR remote to control everything by sending commands to a USBUIRT which then sends those to EventGhost which translates them to commands such as Left, Right, Up Down, etc.. This pretty much works flawlessly as MC picks up the commands instantly and does its thing.  In fact I had zero issues with this up until I want to say a few weeks ago. I've been using this setup for years without a flaw, btw. I always update to the very latest beta version, so I'm not 100% sure when this started happening.

So I have several Theater View categories under the main view Audio in the sub roller (genre, album, artist, smartlist, etc..). The issue is that the Left/Right arrows can sometimes skip over these views. Meaning it will jump from genre to artist, skipping over album and vice versa. Hitting left/right in a row of thumbnails in a list never has this problem. Also using an actual keyboard arrows never has the problem either even when switching views.

I believe part of the problem is that my views are somewhat complex meaning they list different combinations of files every time I switch back and forth between views with custom smartlist rules. I believe this can cause ever so slight delays when switching between them. Because MC is so fast with these, they switch in milliseconds, though some take ever so slightly longer every once in a while, adding a few more milliseconds to switch. Because the problem never happens when moving left/right in a list of files, I think the delay in displaying a new view can cause the eventghost left/right commands to trick MC into thinking that a view doesn't exist, no item in the roller to go to, and thus it instantly jumps to the next view in the roller. Again this happens intermittently, meaning many times it doesn't skip, but sometimes it does.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone in JRiver look into this please?

Thanks!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up