INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR: delay switch to exclusive mode doesn't work  (Read 4360 times)

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
madVR: delay switch to exclusive mode doesn't work
« on: March 17, 2013, 08:02:57 pm »

The "delay switch to exclusive mode by 3 seconds" madVR option doesn't work. MadVR enters exclusive mode immediately when switching from windowed to full-screen mode. Tested on HTTP streaming playback, GT240 card, ROHQ.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Re: madVR: delay switch to exclusive mode doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:19:54 am »

I've just tested, and it is working as intended in 18.0.149

When you enter fullscreen initially (e.g. start playback of a video) it will instantly switch to Fullscreen Exclusive mode.

If anything breaks FSE - such as mousing to the top of the screen to access the controls - switching back to FSE mode is delayed by three seconds.
With the option disabled, it will switch back to FSE instantly from Fullscreen Windowed Mode.

The option exists so that if you are changing settings in your media player via the right-click menu; changing subtitle options or audio stream language for example, it isn't going to keep jumping in and out of FSE.

audioriver

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:29:23 am »

Ok, I thought this option would apply to all full-screen scenarios, eg. when switching from windowed to full-screen mode, sth. that is implied by the description. I have the feeling that it worked like this in the past (there was always the 3-sec. delay), but I could be wrong.
Windows 10 Pro x64

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 07:46:56 am »

It may have initially done that, but it has behaved like this for a long time now. If you're switching to fullscreen mode in your player - which may also include a refresh rate change (some players or madVR itself can be set to only change refresh when going fullscreen) then you probably want to enter Fullscreen Exclusive immediately to avoid that transition happening three seconds into playback.

I don't know about other cards, but with Nvidia there's always a brief flicker as it switches between Windowed and Fullscreen Exclusive mode, so you want to avoid that happening as much as possible.
Because JRiver's UI kicks madVR back into Windowed Mode (MPC-HC does not) I have disabled FSE entirely now, because I don't need the extra performance, and prefer the smoother experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up