INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing to LMS via Whitebear  (Read 2034 times)

keithsonic

• Recent member
Playing to LMS via Whitebear
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:44:09 am »

Hi
I am currently on trial and using MC to play to a Benchmark DAC via Whitebear and Squeezebox receiver over wireless. This started well but MC keeps losing the 'Playing to LMS via Whitebear' in 'Playing Now'. All other network devices are shown and the Squeezebox works fine via Itunes etc. Rebooting worked once but then had to reinstall LMS to restore link. Is there a way to force MC to connect to Whitebear? Confused.
I have an Ethernet renderer on order so rather worried that MC as a front-end media server may not be reliable.
Keith

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing to LMS via Whitebear
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 06:47:19 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You might try a wired connection, just to see if it's the wireless connection that is causing the problem.

If that works, consider Ethernet over Powerline adaptors.

keithsonic

• Recent member
Re: Playing to LMS via Whitebear
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:13:12 am »

There is too much distance to run wires hence why I use wireless - I have ordered D-Link Powerline adapters to run with the Chord Electronics DSX1000 that I have on order. I can run the Squeezebox via Itunes in the meantime but just perplexed as to why MC can't 'see' it all the time with Whitebear. Hopefully there won't be the same problem running over wired ethernet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up