INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 17- can't import WAV tags  (Read 1913 times)

michaeleldridge

MC 17- can't import WAV tags
« on: March 18, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »

Hello, I just burned a bunch of CDs to WAV, and the files are tagged correctly, but when I import them to my library, all meta data is blank. I've followed the instructions here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging
but that hasn't succeeded. Anything else I should try?
thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 17- can't import WAV tags
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 05:28:21 pm »

Welcome.  If you're burning an audio disc, it won't have any tags.

If you're burning a data disc, the WAV files may have tags, if that option is set.  MC's options window has a search at the bottom.

michaeleldridge

Re: MC 17- can't import WAV tags
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:31:29 pm »

thanks for the response. I actually mis-'spoke'- I meant, I ripped some CDs, rather than burned. Here's more details about the situation in the hopes that a more experienced user can help out- I ripped a bunch of CDs to wav files. They're in a folder on my hard drive, and when I try to import the folder to my MC 17 library, the metadata doesn't make it- just a bunch of empty fields.

However, if I manually drag and drop the wav files into my MC 17 playlist, the metadata is perfectly intact- no problem

I'm planning on ripping my entire 1000 CD collection to wav, so I'd like to figure out how to troubleshoot this so that the track info is automatically imported with the library.

Thanks
ME
Pages: [1]   Go Up