INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Cover Art doesn't work in DLNA environment  (Read 1259 times)

Mr. Natural

• Recent member
Adding Cover Art doesn't work in DLNA environment
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:31:15 am »

Hi,

I'm just getting aquainted with MC18 (latest version 153 installed). I came across a problem with embedding cover art into MP3s. My setting is as follows:

The Main Library sits on a Synology Diskstation. My Library Server is a Lenovo Thinkpad that resides in a docking station in the living room. My new music arrives on another Thinkpad in my office, which I use for previewing and tagging. Once I have finished tagging the music files I copy the them from the Thinkpad in my office to the Synology and have them auto-imported by the Library Server. So far so good...

At the moment I'm struggling with getting the cover art embedded into my local MP3s. In the older MC versions I have always selected the files to be tagged and then either browsed for the image file to embed or dragged it onto the image selection field.

When I do just that in MC18, it doesn't embed or even show the image selected. It only shows the network path to the image file, which is in fact on my local machine (i.e. 192.168.178.36):

Why would MC go the long cut via the network address when I'm browsing for a local file?

Sorry for this lengthy description. Can anybody tell me how to get back to the old cover art embedding?

Keep up the great work!

Regards from snowy Northern Germany  ::)
Matt

Mr. Natural

• Recent member
Re: Adding Cover Art doesn't work in DLNA environment
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 10:41:31 am »

Can anyone help me with this please?

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 01:09:11 pm »

Maybe: Tools > Options > File Location > Cover art > Also store images in file tag

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 01:56:17 pm »

I'm wondering if you might be setting cover art on a Library Server client (that's connected to a Library Server)?

Those image file URLs are the type of thing you would see on a client.

Currently setting cover art isn't supported on the client, so you need to do that on the server.  A little more on what works and what doesn't from a client here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr. Natural

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 02:06:20 am »

Hi Folks,

thanks for your feedback. Matt, you're quite right. I'm trying to do this on a client machine that is connected to a library running on a server machine. But I'm trying to do the tagging locally for files still sitting in my download folder, before I import them into the library on my server.

I found out yesterday, that the cover art is embedded automatically when I rename the picture to folder.jpg (although I didn't chose that option):

In earlier versions of MC I used with a local library, single JPGs in audio folders were always embedded automatically. I've only been struggling since I switched to a library server.

So, I found a workaround for the time being but I just wanted to share my findings on this with you :-)

Thanks for the excellent work and product!
Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up