INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD cover in SoundSpectrum visualization  (Read 1125 times)

rlebrette

CD cover in SoundSpectrum visualization
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:43:21 pm »

Hi,

The problem I face is not new, l already faced it with MC17, but I've spent some time to understand where it comes from, and I'm not able to find a fix.
I've contacted the support at SoundSpectrum and they consider that what they do is correct.
When Aeon or Gforce visualisations are running it's possible to have the track information with the CD cover
It works perfectly when the media is served by the local library, but as soon as I move the media in my shared library which in a remote library, the cover is always presenting the "default" media center logo. I've tried different ways to manage the cover, embedded or as a sidecar file, and it doesn't fix the problem.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: CD cover in SoundSpectrum visualization
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:30:47 pm »

No.  I've explained the issue to Andy over there as well.  He could pull the album art through the MCWS interface himself with a little elbow grease.  But, he hasn't, and something about the way it comes through "naturally" (I suspect the path given by MC is an MCWS path rather than a file-path because MC doesn't know if the file is accessible locally) makes it not work in any of the SoundSpectrum plugins when you're using a remote library.

I disable the album art on those machines entirely (which you can do by setting the size to 0 x 0 pixels).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rlebrette

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:56:47 am »

Thanks Glynor, this helps to understand the origin of the problem.
That's a pain that SoundSpectrum doesn't handle this correctly, do you know exactly how they retrieve the cover information?
Maybe JRiver could provide another API that will expose the cover as something they can handle. All medias that I've in the remote library are also shared via the file system, and their stored file path is a UNC so it should be easy.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 08:40:54 am »

As Glynor said, we return a filename or URL from GetTrackInfo(FIELD_IMAGEFILE).  I think SoundSpectrum expects a local file.  This is using the legacy visualization interface.

The new visualization interface, that I've talked to Andy about switching to, exposes the image as an interface (IJRImage).  This way, the image is already decoded so all sources and formats should work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up