INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio timing in the OSD  (Read 1883 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Audio timing in the OSD
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:31:26 am »

Hi,

Can you please make the audio timing available in the OSD, like the subtitle timing already is? Would make it 100 times faster to sync the audio to the video if the file is out of sync.

Also, it would be great if this correction was stored per file.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Audio timing in the OSD
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 08:55:37 am »

Where are out-of-sync files coming from?

Is this a common per-file problem for others?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

xynoe44

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:23 am »

I think he's talking about delay introduced by display (display latency) not the audio/video streams being out of sync.

Edit: Forget it, I didn't completely read the last part of the OP post :(

audunth

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 05:02:43 am »

I have quite a few video files that are out of sync. And every time I get one of those, I have to start, stop, go into options and change the delay, start again, stop, into options and change, etc. and it's really annoying and takes a long time to get it in sync. I just don't understand why it isn't part of the OSD like the subtitle timing is. Would make it SO much easier.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:43:11 am »

I have quite a few video files that are out of sync.

Why?  As Matt asked, where are these files coming from?

Some crappy app, or someone, that doesn't know how to encode them properly?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

audunth

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 07:27:21 pm »

For example tv broadcasts that are badly encoded. My point is, there's gotta be a reason there IS a feature in Options to correct audio sync, and since that feature exists, it might as well be available in the OSD. Why shouldn't it??
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 07:30:48 am »

For example tv broadcasts that are badly encoded. My point is, there's gotta be a reason there IS a feature in Options to correct audio sync, and since that feature exists, it might as well be available in the OSD. Why shouldn't it??

The existing option is a global one, designed to compensate for display or receiver lag.

A per file option is a little different.  I've worried it would be too complicated having a per-file and global setting.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 07:37:03 am »

I haven't seen audio sync issues based on bad files that often (and if it happens, its by seconds, not milliseconds), personally i don't think a OSD or per-file option is worth the extra clutter, unless one can opt to enable it in the OSD, but i wouldn't want it in my OSD because its nothing i ever need to touch.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

audunth

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 08:25:39 pm »

The existing option is a global one, designed to compensate for display or receiver lag.

A per file option is a little different.  I've worried it would be too complicated having a per-file and global setting.

Okay, but it would be a lot easier setting the global option through keys when playing a file than stopping/starting the video a bunch of times.

I can't really see how that option would "clutter" up the OSD. I've never adjusted contrast or hue using the OSD, but I can't say those options ever has cluttered up anything for me. Especially with the new OSD introduced a while back that use the arrow keys in a better way (the setting page with the side arrow navigation).
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:01 pm »

I also support the original request. I don't think this is a trivial feature. I have many tv shows that are out sync.  It takes quite some to dig into the options and re - sync, which then messes up the next show.. I put up with slightly out of sync vids to avoid the hassle, either way this ruins the MC experience..  I suggest:

Right Mouse click=> Streams=> adjust audio sync =>   gets  a new popup that allows adjustment => Apply   or  Apply new global default

Those with remotes would assign a short-cut, similarly subtitles.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up