INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert from Windows Media Player 12  (Read 1389 times)

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
Convert from Windows Media Player 12
« on: February 02, 2013, 07:10:39 am »

Hi,
I have imported my WMP Music library to Media Center 18 and discover that some of the fields used in WMP, for example Rating, Mood and Tag didn't get mapped to any corresponding field in MC18. Because these fields are very much used to create playlists and so on, I wonder if there is any solution to map some additional custom fields to keep and retain these values? Maybe the Metadata Backup tool (for backing up and restoring all the information in the Windows Media Player library, including ratings, play counts, and custom fields) could be helpful?
Thanks for any help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Convert from Windows Media Player 12
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 11:09:56 am »

Welcome.

What format is your music stored in?

Do you know if those values are stored in the file tags?  If you believe the data is in the tags and we're just missing it, would you be willing to send a sample file to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 03:17:28 pm »

If I remember correctly (WMP11)
Playcount is not stored in a tag (library only)
There is a setting in the options panel if ratings should be stored in a tag or not (personal ratings)

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:46:58 am »

Welcome.

What format is your music stored in?

Do you know if those values are stored in the file tags?  If you believe the data is in the tags and we're just missing it, would you be willing to send a sample file to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.

Hi,
Thanks for your answer!
The most common format in my library is WMA lossless.
According to some information I've picked up from internet WMP stores values in ID3 file tags. When viewing a file's properties from Windows Explorer all the values I would like to transfer to JRiver Media Center are displayed.
A sample file is sent to the referred address.

I would be most grateful if there is a solution to bring the data into Media Center in order to retain playlists and other useful metadata.

Humbledore

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 02:39:28 am »

Hi, anyone out there that has an answer if I can map WMP fields to corresponding MC fields?
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up