INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet Audio (eg. wolfgsvault) and image slideshow problem running simultaneou  (Read 781 times)

adlelare

• World Citizen

.. so here's my problem.. if i launch audio via music stored on my NAS i can also run an image slideshow at the same time, which i very much enjoy doing (as i'm sure many MC users do)... this i do as follows NAS (store music and images).. mediapc running MC...yamaha receiver (audio) LG LED TV (images) =  ;D...
i prefer this approach as my wife is decidely non-tech and needs as simple a process as possible (ie all within MC)
i have subscriptions to various online music services (eg. wolfgangsvault) which i brought into MC via the audio connected media process (it seems more efficient user of CPU and memory (vs. launching a seperate browser to run (e.g chrome) and hopefully although i haven't played with it yet a better capability for optimal sound and solves some niggly issues of switching between music sources (MC vs. online)...
however if i go to play an image slideshow the music service stops immediately...
the only of these music service i can get to work this way is sky.fm (which i believe is because when you launch sky inside of MC it pops out a player)...
is there a solution to this problem that anyone knows of...TIA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

It's a little tricky for us to deliver as smooth of a user experience when the media plays from a web browser (instead of through our playback engine).

You might be able to use wolfgangsvault in a different tab that you leave open in MC.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

adlelare

• World Citizen

hi matt, thanks for the response.  kinda what i was expecting but not what i was hoping.  so now i have two follow-on questions, does the music on these wedservices (e.g. wolfgang) get processed via MC music engine before going out to my receiver (which i do currently via HDMI from an Nvidia GPU) and 2ndly when i switch between say MC and wolfgang via Chrome wolfgang plays but no audio comes out. i assume that MC hasn't given up "control" and is there some setting inside MC i need to set, or must i completely quit and close MC (most often i just hit "stop") or is it something else??... TIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up