INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoping someone can give me a little help  (Read 1050 times)

WILLIAMT2004

Hoping someone can give me a little help
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:17:22 pm »

Im kinda new to jriver media player so please forgive for not using the technical terms. I wonder if anyone could help me with playlists. I have no problem creating playlist and adding tracks to it but find that if i add a track and decide i would like it to play the new track straight after the track playing currently, unless i do it manually it will skip the track i just added and play whatever happened to be next before it was added. Also is it possible to take a snapshot or backup all playlists, do a clean re-installation of windows, Install JRiver media 18 again and load my playlist back on as it was? Any help greatly appreciated.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Hoping someone can give me a little help
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:57:36 pm »

You'll have to Update Order on the playlist.  Playlists are sequentially ordered, so just adding tracks to an existing playlist won't change that order.  You can use Play Next if you want to add a track to Now Playing - this will place it in the slot after the currently playing track.

Playlists are backed up with the library.  Library Backups are automatically done periodically.  You can perform manual library backups too.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:34:23 am »

This recent thread covered the backup system in a good bit of detail.  Some of it is certainly more detailed than is necessary for most users, but you may want to read through it:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78202.0
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

WILLIAMT2004

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:58:23 am »

Thanks guys you have been very helpful.
Although i think i must be doing something wrong. I have moved a track up the list to be played next. Then i right clicked on the particular playlist and scrolled down and left clicked on Update Order. Didnt make any difference it skipped past the track i had moved to be played next.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:42:55 am »

MC uses a concept called the Playing Now list.  This is the playlist that is currently playing.

When you start playback from a particular list or view, MC adds the files in that list to this special Playing Now list, in the order in which they appear at that time.  However, if you then later change the order of the source playlist, it doesn't change the playback order of Playing Now.  They're separate.

To change the order of lists as they are playing, you can just change Playing Now.  Switch to Playing Now in the tree and you can drag the items up and down, and re-order them however you'd like, and they'll play in that order.

If you want to save a particular list order, then you can change it in a Playlist.  When you do though, to "see the results" you need to play the playlist.  If it is already currently playing, you need to "play it again", in order to "overwrite" the current Playing Now list.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

WILLIAMT2004

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 10:36:20 am »

glynor excellent, I see how that works and thats that problem sorted. Cheers

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 11:19:24 am »

glynor wrote: "MC uses a concept called the Playing Now list.  This is the playlist that is currently playing."

At one point, I was very interested in finding a player that did not use this concept, but was unable to do so, as they all use it.   Only the name of the Playing Now list changes from player to player (some of them like to use the British word "queue" in some combination).
Pages: [1]   Go Up