INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows XP  (Read 1205 times)

Dina

Windows XP
« on: April 03, 2002, 03:46:04 am »

Media Jukebox looks like a great program and it will do some of the things that I want that Windows Media Player won't do. But so far, it seems very unstable. It has locked up several times, and the Media Editor locks up every time I try to play a sound that I have loaded. So far, I just have the basic download version. Is this an issue because I'm running Windows XP? Is there a patch to fix the problem? I'd really like to use this program but not if it continues to lock up all the time. I'm reluctant to buy the full version if there are going to be problems like this.
Any thoughts?

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
RE:Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2002, 04:04:42 am »

You've probably got ver. 7.2, what you may want to do is download the newest ver. 8.0.239, because a lot of changes have taken place since 7.2. As far as Windows XP, it should not be an issue, because a lot of us including myself, are running it. Keep in mind though that 8.0 is still beta and as such, it does still have some problems, but is definitely better than 7.2.
I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

stebajo

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2002, 04:13:27 am »

Hi Dina,
be shure to have updated your system with last upd.s by Windows Update,
make a complete installation of the new v. of MJB:

I use Xp pro and Media JB now should work really fine!
Bye
Stebajo

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2002, 04:49:52 am »

7.2 did have some issues with XP. A lot of people found that media editor would lock if you tried to open a file by actually clicking the "Open" button instead of double clicking the file name, for instance. A lot of the issues were resolved by not running Media Editor and MJ at the same time.

As far as I know, all of these issues have been resolved in 8.0.239. At least, I haven't seen any mention of them in any of the bug threads. I'd recommend giving 8 a try. It's very stable right now for the majority of users and getting better with every build. Plus there are so many more cool features in 8 than there were in 7.2.

Keep in mind though, that it is a beta, so there's no guarantee that it will work well with your system. And some users have reported problems trying to go back to 7.2 after trying 8. But if you have XP, then you can always use the System Restore feature to go back (I'm not sure if that will work but I've had good luck with it), just make sure you set a restore point before installing.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2002, 03:14:47 pm »

While we're talking about XP, I want to upgrade. I have seen that the upgrade to Pro is $200 and the upgrade to Home is $100. Is the difference worth the price?

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

justin

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2002, 04:38:37 pm »

Dina, please note that one difference between 7.2 and version 8 is that the former will continue to work forever without payment, while version 8 will lockout in 30days and require payment or it will stop working entirely.  Also once version 8 locks you out, your computer will no longer be compatible with version 7.2 library. So you might want to try version 7.2 for a few months first, without starting the pay-me clock tolling its countdown.

orson

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 07:48:18 am »

>Dina, please note that one difference between 7.2 and version 8 is that the former will continue to work forever without payment, while version 8 will lockout in 30days and require payment or it will stop working entirely. Also once version 8 locks you out, your computer will no longer be compatible with version 7.2 library. So you might want to try version 7.2 for a few months first, without starting the pay-me clock tolling its countdown.

Isn't there some automated whay to get back your free-forever 7.2 useage if your version 8 locks you out of your computer's media jukebox? Or are you SOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up