INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Universal Search (Again)  (Read 1659 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request - Universal Search (Again)
« on: March 24, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »

With everyone's media now being both connected (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu) as well as local, it strikes me as making sense that a universal search feature would be implemented. A single search function that searches both local and online content, based on the services I have details entered for in the settings.

Any chance?  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature Request - Universal Search (Again)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:58:40 am »

Good idea.  Thanks.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 01:18:32 am »

Taking it a bit further it may also be a great way for you guys to push Performer.

I'm thinking along the lines of a top roller "Search" option in Theater View that would look the same as Youtube, Hulu, Netflix Search, but then show results separated by service. One of those services could be Performer MC. If I'm not subscribed, I get taken to a subscription page within Theater View. Of course, that would require integrating PMC into TV though...

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 01:13:55 am »

Playing with Search within Theaterview, but it appears to only look at stuff inside the MC library, so that means this is still an open request, correct? If so, I'd like to also request this.

And, while i'm asking, right now "search" has no configuration within TheaterView. It would be awesome to be able to set that, so i could put a "search" within Videos, and it wouldn't search audio or images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up