INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 14.0.166 - Global search & File replace within playlists  (Read 1881 times)

Jettgod

• Recent member
MJ 14.0.166 - Global search & File replace within playlists
« on: March 27, 2013, 12:51:02 pm »

Hi All,

I have a large music library in a variety of file formats and 300 playlists.

I am always on the lookout for better quality files and as they become available I try and add them to the library.

However, when I have added, them in an ideal world, I would like to replace the old lower quality files in the playlists with the new high quality FLAC files, and then delete the lower quality MP3.

At the moment this is a fairly labour intensive process, is there any automated find and replace process that covers the playlists, i.e some sort of global replace?

Thanks

Jettgod

Thanks

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: MJ 14.0.166 - Global search & File replace within playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 05:26:26 am »

I only can imagin a dirty workaround for that:
Rename the new (flac)file to the exact same name as the old mp3 (including the extensioin mp3!). Then replace the old file with the new one. In MC/MJ use "Find & Replace" on the filename and search for ".mp3" replacing it with ".flac". Then choose "Update Tags from library" to make the flac files containing the same tags as the mp3 files. Then use "Update library from tags" to make MC noticing the file proprietaries (length, bitrate, filetype etc.).

I'm using this when I have to replace a file which is in many Playlists. It's not the fastest way, but it's easier to add the new file to every playlist at the right place. I'm not sure, if the step replacing the files extension works as expected, but it should. You can give it a try.

Jettgod

• Recent member
Re: MJ 14.0.166 - Global search & File replace within playlists
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:48:41 pm »

Thanks for the information, sounds good to me, and I will give it a go. This has also jogged my memory as I used to do something similar with updated Helpdesk documentation to avoid changing URL pointers in the "good old days"
Pages: [1]   Go Up