INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manage Saga  (Read 1376 times)

sonata31

• Junior Woodchuck
Manage Saga
« on: March 28, 2013, 01:55:04 am »

Example of Saga : Terminator, Star Wars, ...

For the saga to be grouped under Theater View we have to manage them as the series
In the Theater view they appear with the series, then they should be with movies

How do I change this behavior?

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: Manage Saga
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 03:11:02 am »

I don't know the scientists here do it , I go the simple way:

Define all as Movies.
Use a simple title pattern:

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes (2), Beneath the
Planet of the Apes (3), Escape from

or

Alien
Alien (2) Aliens
Alien (4) Rerurrection

It's only a drag having to scrape manually.

sonata31

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 03:48:29 am »

Managed as single movie is ok, but I wish group them : eg 007 saga has more than 10 movies, it would be interesting to see a single image 007, then click on it to see each movie of the saga

Neco

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 03:53:21 am »

It sounds like this is something that can be accomplished with custom fields and some expression language finnagling?

Maybe someone good with expressions could help you out there.

I had a similar question a while back I think, but it was more related to shows than movies.  I think the principle would be the same.  I did some similar stuff before using a  "Franchise" tag (don't remember if its custom or already present) and arranged stuff like Star Trek, Star Wars, and Mobile Suit Gundam  under their own  single  top-level selections.

I've since lost that setup for various reasons,  but this should be very possible for your to accomplish with expressions and  tag fields of some sort if you look into it more.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 10:28:49 am »

This ability/feature was added a few months back, which made me VERY happy.  Here is a post that summarizes how to do what I think you're trying to do...

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76987.msg521656#msg521656

I don't actually use the expression in that post because I actually put a Series in for all of my movies, which resolves the need to use the expression, but many people don't/won't want to put a series in for movies that are not actually part of a series, so the expression resolves this for them.

If you still have questions after viewing the post/thread above, feel free to ask for help.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up