INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I get some short, quick answers from JRiver, please?  (Read 907 times)

LCtheDJ

Can I get some short, quick answers from JRiver, please?
« on: April 02, 2002, 03:04:54 pm »

With 8.0.239 out, I hope you have a short break while waiting for bug reports to come in.  If so, can you respond to a few questions?

Have you done anything about the ID3v2.4 compatibility issue?

Could you comment about the problem of not being able to revert to 7.2.xxx after trying out the v8 betas? (Failure to initialize registration control)

Is there any news on the possibility of adding support for more ID3v2 frames? (BPM, Encoded by, Encoding software used, etc.)

Has anyone sent some chicken soup to Matt?

Thanks for your continued support.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Can I get some short, quick answers from JRiver, please?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2002, 03:18:56 pm »

>> Has anyone sent some chicken soup to Matt?
he sent me a e-mail the other day i guess he is doing better since it was work related

I think JimH made him sick, since jim was sick a few months back with what seems to be the same thing.

and we all wish him well, thanks for bringing that up.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2002, 08:25:13 am »

>Have you done anything about the ID3v2.4 compatibility issue?

We weren't aware of any issues.  Can you give us any more details?

>Could you comment about the problem of not being able to revert to 7.2.xxx after trying out the v8 betas? (Failure to initialize registration control)

We can't figure it out.  Good thing 8 is so much better than 7, or we'd really have a problem Next Page

>Is there any news on the possibility of adding support for more ID3v2 frames? (BPM, Encoded by, Encoding software used, etc.)

Until we can make a completely open ended system, you'll have to use custom fields for things that aren't supported.

>Has anyone sent some chicken soup to Matt?

Thanks.  All better now.  I hope I don't have to watch daytime TV again for a long time...

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LCtheDJ

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2002, 10:07:37 am »

>>Have you done anything about the ID3v2.4 compatibility issue?

>We weren't aware of any issues. Can you give us any more details?

Check the thread you started here:
MJ 8 Fails to update multiple mp3 tags at once (QUESTION)
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/interact/NeoBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=inter&Post=8874&BoardIdle=10&SortingBy=0&BoardOrder=Descend&Page=5&UserSession=

>>Could you comment about the problem of not being able to revert to 7.2.xxx after trying out the v8 betas? (Failure to initialize registration control)

>We can't figure it out. Good thing 8 is so much better than 7, or we'd really have a problem.

I think you DO have a problem.  You have customers who bought v7 and now can't use it because they were trying to help out with debugging a beta stage product for you.  Some could feel disenchanted about the thanks they get for helping out.

I'm glad you're feeling better.  Don't work so hard that you go into a relapse.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2002, 10:39:52 am »

Thanks for the heads up on the ID3v2.4 stuff LCtheDJ.  We'll try to get MJ updated to handle it by the release of 8.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Scronch

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2002, 09:32:38 pm »

>I think you DO have a problem. You have customers who bought v7 and now can't use it
>because they were trying to help out with debugging a beta stage product for you.
>Some could feel disenchanted about the thanks they get for helping out.

That is a valid point.  Pissing off your existing customers is never a good idea.

Rusty

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 02:09:58 am »

Re: Reverting to V7 after helping with V8 Beta ... Some of you might remember I too had exactly the same problem. I tried everything suggested but I still could not go back to V7.

I was at an all time low there at one point & because I couldn't go back I had no choice but to stay on with V8. I'm now glad I did as the major bug fixes were just around the corner & now everything is fine ... V8 is now working perfectly OK for me.

So there is probably no need for anyone to go back anymore, it's probably better to now move on up to V8.

Regards Rusty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up