INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronizing Playout  (Read 1044 times)

WiMo

Synchronizing Playout
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

So, I'm trying to get two speakers that aren't connected to playout the same music together. I have a trial of MC18, and I can get both speakers to show up as players and even link them together so they both get the same music. My problem is with getting the playout to be synchronized. I've tried using the link time adjuster that allows a delay to put on the speakers to try and manually get them to synch. Has anyone found a better way to achieve synchronization for audio playback using MC18? I don't know if there is already a feature I just haven't found yet or I need to do some code modification on the DLNA renderer for the speakers/MC18. Any suggestions will help! Thanks!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Synchronizing Playout
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 05:08:09 pm »

These are DLNA speakers that you are developing software for??  DLNA protocol doesn't cater for synchronisation, the best you can do is via the manual adjusting method.

WiMo

Re: Synchronizing Playout
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 02:59:46 pm »

The stinks, but I think I can work with that. Right now the problem is that when I set one link adjustment time it's automatically setting it to both speakers that are linked together. So, it doesn't fix anything, they just both get delays by whatever number I set. I don't know if I'm just setting it wrong or this is a known glitch. Any ideas on what could be going wrong there?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up