INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A newbie question about restricting the library to a specific folder  (Read 729 times)

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen

MC18 is clearly a very powerful program, which gives me the confidence that it will probably do all the things I will eventually want it to do. However, a by-product of this power is that many of the configuration options are buried deep in the user interface. One thing is currently causing me to scratch my head...

When I installed the trial version of MC18 a week ago it automatically populated the main library, using all the default settings. I subseqently deleted all references to non-audio media and then reconfigured the library's media import setting to only watch the 'My Music' folder on the G: drive of my PC. However, that appears only to affect future imports. It is not obvious how I am supposed to make the library drop all existing references to music from other folders. For example, MC18 is still displaying music stored on my C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\ folder.

Am I expected to delete such redundant references manually?

David

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: A newbie question about restricting the library to a specific folder
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 07:37:43 pm »

Go to the Audio > Files view, and sort the file list by Filename.  Then, you can mass-select the entries you want removed.

Auto-import affects future imports, not currently imported items.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

haggis999

• Galactic Citizen
Re: A newbie question about restricting the library to a specific folder
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:20:07 am »

Hi MrC,
Once again, many thanks for putting me straight. Problem now fixed.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up