INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install problem  (Read 969 times)

monticciolo

• Recent member
Install problem
« on: March 31, 2013, 05:06:04 pm »

On Saturday I updated to the latest version of 18.

No problems on my Windows 8 machine but I have problems with the set up on my Windows 7 laptop. I downloaded the program as well as the mjr install file Media Center18-190077 and followed the directions in the email below. I keep getting a crash right after the MC18 window displays on my screen and I get an "incomplete shutdown" error. I can't do any of the suggested library actions since the program crashes right after i get into any pulldown menu.

I have uninstalled and redownloaded several times to my laptop. Recommendations for getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Install problem
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 05:53:26 pm »

I'm sorry for the problem.  See the topic called Weird Problems" in my signature.  This kind of behavior often turns out to be caused by a virus checker or other "security" software.

monticciolo

• Recent member
Re: Install problem
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 07:08:41 pm »

Good evening Jim.
I turned off all Norton anti-virus and firewall capabilities per suggestions in your Weird problem areas. I opened up JR MC18 and ran the mjr license manager. It still crashes. I am quite computer literate (CTO of an embedded computing company with a PhD in EE) but am at a loss now. Can you kindly work this through with me.

I don't understand why the previous secondary install on this laptop with the same Norton settings does not work. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Install problem
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:05:30 pm »

If a virus checker is causing the problem, and we've seen it many times, disabling may not be enough.  You may need to uninstall.

Another possibility may be a side effect of a browser bug.  Read this carefully:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License
Pages: [1]   Go Up