INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I customise the DLNA browsing tree?  (Read 1342 times)

haggis999

• Citizen of the Universe
Can I customise the DLNA browsing tree?
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:00:47 am »

I am still very much a newbie as regards the topic of computer-based music but am learning fast, thanks to the help of many kind people here on the MC forums. My understanding is that the music browsing experience on a DLNA controller is very much defined by what is offered by the relevant DLNA media server.

MC18 can act as a DLNA server and when I view my music via MediaMonkey (simply as an example of a DLNA controller) I get a media tree that looks as follows. To my surprise, it is not the same tree as I see in MC but is presumably defined somewhere in MC.

Audio
Genre
Composer
Album
Composer
Album
Album
Artist
Album
Recent
Album

Is it possible to redefine this DLNA tree structure in MC? If so, how, and is it possible to include custom tags and have a different tag hierarchy for different genres, e.g. 'Composer, Album' for Classical and 'Artist, Album' for Pop/Rock?

David

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can I customise the DLNA browsing tree?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:04:29 am »

It's a little advanced, but the DLNA browsing tree is fully customizable.

Look in Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers... > Customize views...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

haggis999

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:14:22 am »

Hi Matt,
Thanks for rapid response. I'm embarrassed to say that someone else told me that on another thread a couple of days ago but it was not something I was actively pursuing at the time and so I totally forgot about it!

David

haggis999

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:34:02 am »

I have now successfully redefined the DLNA browsing tree to meet my needs. The problem is solved.

Thanks again for your assistance.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up