INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anybody get it to work with 10.6.8 ?  (Read 2117 times)

dgw

• Recent member
anybody get it to work with 10.6.8 ?
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:55:20 am »

have not been able to get any sound out using 10.6.8 and Mytek Stereo 192 DSD Dac. Can get it to show a track playing but no sound out. Latest version crashes even more often than previous one - most actions cause it to crash. If it is known that minimum OSX is 10.7, please say. Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: anybody get it to work with 10.6.8 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:12 am »

10.6 does not work as well as 10.7 and 10.8 yet.

We'd like to improve this, but the new XCode won't run on 10.6 making it a complicated issue.

I can say that the Mytek works well for us here, using 10.8.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Rogerdn

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:20:28 am »

I'm doing 10.6.8 on a Mini to a PSA PWD and most of the later versions have not crashed, 161 did not, have not loaded 162 yet.  However I am just using the basic features for now so not sure if all is ok.  JRemote works well. Am playing via DLNA but as I posted elsewhere USB no longer plays, but do not believe this is a bug.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:59:55 pm »

I am also using 10.6.8.  It has worked quite well overall for me.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

dgw

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 07:58:33 pm »

Thanks for replies - very reassuring to know there is help available !  Upgraded to Mountain Lion and after a couple of hours of playing with Media Centre managed to get it to play and it does not crash any more on my Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo. The sound is certainly very good. Don't know if it is the best of the media players tried so far but certainly could be. Have not had time to judge at this stage because still learning how to use it. From perspective of a Mac User, the interface is ghastly, over complicated, over complex, over convoluted, over engineered and a nightmare to use. But the sound is very good. So I am persevering. Might have a few more questions soon - as soon as I have gotten as far as understanding what I don't understand.

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 01:13:10 am »

There was a thread that helped point at the various OS file locations where MC stored various portions of itself.  I can't find the thread right now but there was a list to find them, that I saved…

/Applications/Media Center 18.app (File)
/Applications/Media Center 18.app/Contents (Folder)
/Users/XXXX/Documents/JRiver (Folder)
/Users/XXXX/Library/Preferences/JRiver.Media-Center-18.plist (Hidden File?)
/Users/XXXX/Library/Saved Application State/JRiver.Media-Center-18.savedState (Hidden Folder?)
/Users/XXXX/Library/Application Support/JRiver/Media Center 18/Library (Folder)
/Users/XXXX/Music/JRiver Conversion Cache\ (Folder)

But be aware that you are 'messing' with core OS files so be careful and selective with what you manually toss away.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's
Pages: [1]   Go Up